Anyone good with trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good with trees?

I planted a little gem magnolia about a month ago. The tree seems healthy and appears to be producing new leaves. When it blooms, the blooms onlyvlast about a day, if that long and turn brown.

It is in full sun and currently being watered daily at about 1 AM with a 1 gal/hr bubbler for 30 minutes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I planted a little gem magnolia about a month ago. The tree seems healthy and appears to be producing new leaves. When it blooms, the blooms onlyvlast about a day, if that long and turn brown.

It is in full sun and currently being watered daily at about 1 AM with a 1 gal/hr bubbler for 30 minutes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    See if it does better after today's rain, provided it survives!

Comment

Hand watering a tree every 3 days for first year is only way in my opinion to establish it. Irrigation can only maintain them once 'established'.

Comment

PM Fern

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          PM Fern
          He would appear to be banned....

Thanks for the input everyone. The tree itself appears to be healthy. It is putting on new foliage, and no other signs of distress.

I was more wondering whether the flowers turn the same day they open, or if it is a function of location or my watering schedule.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
          X