Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 50 cal Vs train track - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cal Vs train track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
    I saw a box of 80 round American Eagle at Cabela's for around $300.00
    $3.75 a bullet doesn't sound too crazy but damn that's still high! hahaha

Comment

Got to shoot a friends a couple weeks ago, he was saying it cost him $3 to $9/ea depending on the round type. It was pretty awesome to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        $3.75 a bullet doesn't sound too crazy but damn that's still high! hahaha
        After spending $7500 for the gun, that seems cheap to shoot! LOL!

Comment

Reloading can save you some money in the long run. (theoretically)

1 lb of powder approximately $20.00 = 7000 gains / 200 grains per = 35 rounds or (.57 each)
          primers .42 cents each
          projectiles on average 1.50each

Powder .57
          primers .42
          Projectiles 1.50 each
          Total 2. 49 per round (reloading old brass) (this does not include the initial cost of the re loading press, dies, and misc equipment.)

However you can buy it for $2.53 a round here
          Buy quality, USA made ammunition here! Offering new and remanufactured for cheap prices. Shop 9mm, 223, 380, 45, 10mm and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            If you shoot it at an angle isn't there a higher chance of it glancing off rather than penetrating. The point is to see if it can pierce the track
            I have had a .40 clip my ear and been hit with shrapnel a few times. Angle! Lead is not very forgiving.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              I thought for sure that train track would stop those rounds, that's insane!
              I wonder if the 100 year old piece of rail was weaker due to age?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                I wonder if the 100 year old piece of rail was weaker due to age?
                Usually metal becomes harder with age due to the crystalline structure settling, but most of my knowledge revolves around lead.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That API & APIT is all like $2.50ish a round mainly because you can't really shoot it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X