ElmFork Trap/Skeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElmFork Trap/Skeet

Anyone interested in going up there on lunch and shooting trap/teaching someone to shoot skeet at all? I've shot Trap a few times now but don't know much about Skeet.

I would love to go teach you. It would not be till the weekend though. I am out of town the next few weeks so I am not much help, but I have been shooting skeet and trap since I was 10. When you say you have been shooting trap, do you mean sitting out in a field with a thrower or actually shooting the game trap.

Comment

I also want to add that if you haven't done the sporting clays at elm fork I strongly suggest it. You will love it!

Comment

Ive been shooting skeet at alpine alot, i really like it and in a couple weeks want to venture into the other games.

Right now its pretty much the only shooting sport you can actually afford.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          I also want to add that if you haven't done the sporting clays at elm fork I strongly suggest it. You will love it!
          This. Ive done it at Alpine, but not at Elm Fork. Im up for it sometime.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't have enough time at lunch during the week but I'm game on a weekend, it's 5 minutes from me.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I have been looking at a few O/U just for this...unfortunately, my experience is limited to Duck Hunt on the NES...
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                I have been looking at a few O/U just for this...unfortunately, my experience is limited to Duck Hunt on the NES...
                Get an auto loader if you want it for more than just skeet!

I guess the advantage of the O/U is the option for different chokes.

Comment

If you are serious my dad is selling a few Beretta's. 682 Trap and 686 Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Get an auto loader if you want it for more than just skeet!

I guess the advantage of the O/U is the option for different chokes.
                    Get both.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've shot from a thrower in a field and I shot at elm fork from the practice trap station last friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Get both.
                        thats what i did and havent looked back

a beretta al391
                        and beretta 686 white onyx sporting

the unfortunate part is they are so different its hard to match scores in back to back shooting

Comment

I would love to go on a weekend. I have never done it before, and I have this brand new benelli m4 I should shoot someday.

Comment

In for a day I don't have class

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                              A good portion of sporting clays shooters use semi auto loaders due to the softer recoil since a round of clays is 100. Skeet seems to be 75-25 split going to the O/U being more popular. In trap break opens dominate be it a single shot or an O/U for doubles.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X