Class Act - Midway USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Act - Midway USA

With all the other threads out there talking about wait times and poor customer service right now due to supply and demand, I thought it would be appropriate to post up the email that all of the Midway USA customers got talking about their current situation. Talk about a "class act" when it comes to keeping their customers informed. This is the kind of business that will continue to get my business and money.

Note: This email was sent from an outgoing-only email address that is not monitored.
    Please do not reply to this message.

Dear Valued Customer,
    In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
    Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.
    We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
    One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.
    As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.
    Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
    Columbia, MO 65203 ©2013 MidwayUSA, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Originally posted by SEB
    ,,, You are just faster then me.

DOS LOCOS RACING

JUSTTHEDRIVER is my HERO! .000 Reaction Time 11/12/06

Larry Potterfield is an awesome dude.

And that's the way it is.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Midway is a really well run business. They're my favorite source for my gun related needs

Comment

Dicks..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          Dicks..
          ^are you calling them that, or are you referencing a sporting goods store?

Comment

Dicks..
            Considering Dicks decided to knee jerk after newtown and cancel legal gun orders made weeks prior "out of respect for the children of newtown" they are on my boycott list.

Shop there if you want.

Comment

Larry will always have my business. Their customer service has always been awesome, and continues to be as good as, or better than can be expected. This email (which I also received) just goes to prove it.
              Also, they are one of a large number of retailers that have put government organizations on notice that they will discontinue business with them if they engage in 2nd amendment-limiting legislation.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

You are all DICKS!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

You are all DICKS!!!!
                  What's the frequency, Kenneth?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I always hit Midway up first, but sometimes shop elsewhere depending. Still, it is a go to shop and my opinion went up a little on them.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Midway is a good source for stuff. Never had any issue with them and I don't have an issue with them limiting my Ruger BX25 mags to two per person.......cause I sent two to my brother, then two to my mother, two to my house, two to my neighbor. lol
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Typically all I use is Midway or thirdgen for my Reloading stuff besides powder and primers.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I got all my midway backordered stuff, and i must say surprisingly fast considering current conditions.
                          Also an email last week telling me what was / wasn't in yet.
                          They definitely know what they are doing as far as running a good business.

Comment

Placed an order with them this morning for a few things and was quoted a delivery time of mid next week, so they are still moving fairly fast on some things.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Midway came through on all my pmag backorders for reference, as I expected they would. Botach still hasn't done shit.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X