No announcement yet.

Advice on Synology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Synology 412+ running four 4mp ip cameras. I also use it for pictures, movies, documents. I have four 4tb hard drives. I've had it about a year and a half with zero failures. I purchased it used from a member on here too.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a computer that I've been toting around for 5 years or so. It basically houses all of my files. I'm trying tobdecide if I should ebay the parts and buy a NAS or upgrade the mobo/cpu add a couple TB worth of HDD's to it and call it good.

It currently has an incient asus M2N-e and an AMD dual core x64 processor with about 900MB worth of HDD's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

We've been happy with our Synology NAS. That said, we only use ours for the security cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          which model do you have? I'm trying to decide how big to go, what features I need, etc.

I use it mainly for security. I have 11 cameras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just wanted to update.

I finally got synology.

ds1517+
            8gig mem

Got 5 RED 4TB HD's
            Moved all my BR's to it. I left my PC as PLEX server since it has better CPU on it. I took out extra HD's from PC and put them up. Just have SSD and extra HD for saving stuff to. Setup backups on all pc's/laptop. 9TB's left. I know I will fill that up, but will be a few years out. Created another user on it so my son who lives in San Anton, can backup his laptop and log into my NAS and view his own files. Does not have access to anything else, other than his own files.

Have a few cameras setup as well.

All in all, little high, but really user friendly.

So far, 2 thumbs up

Comment

Rock on... Im still really happy with my Synology NAS. I almost upgraded as I was running out of room and got a killer deal on a 8tb red drive... looking at Synology's website and it wasnt compatible. Ending up the company ran out of 8tb drives so subbed in a 10tb drive. That one also wasnt compatible, but I took the chance. The 10tb drive didnt have any trouble!

And unfortunately fordracing19 is an example of why you dont buy all your drives from one place at once. You get a bad run and you can have multiple bad drives and lose your raid array.

Comment

Working...
              X