10/22 Build Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/22 Build Thing

Any of you guys familiar with putting together a 10/22 from scratch? I bought a whole KIDD receiver/bolt/trigger group etc. Goong to throw on a Gemtech Mist. But I've never owned a 10/22 and don't know a damn thing about them.

They are super simple. Any specific questions?

Comment

How does it all go together? Do I need a bunch of vises and blocks to put the barrel in?

Comment

There is nothing to it and it should go togeather in about an hour. If it doesn't you are clearly not mechanically inclined.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          There is nothing to it and it should go togeather in about an hour. If it doesn't you are clearly not mechanically inclined.
          Great fucking advice

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Any of you guys familiar with putting together a 10/22 from scratch? I bought a whole KIDD receiver/bolt/trigger group etc. Goong to throw on a Gemtech Mist. But I've never owned a 10/22 and don't know a damn thing about them.
            Ok so you bought a kidd receiver, is it with or w/out the rear tang?
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Great fucking advice
              Thank you.

Do you remember models that had a skill level of 1 through 5? A 10/22 build is about a 0.25 on that scale. Just take one apart and everything will be clear. If you do not have a complete one to take apart I wil gladly lend you one if you live in the Dallas area.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

this one may help
                WRX

Comment

How does it all go together? Do I need a bunch of vises and blocks to put the barrel in?
                  What barrel and stock are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                    What barrel and stock are you using?
                    Gemtech mist and probably one of those magpul stock things. I just had an itch for an integral suppressed 10/22 and just started buying random shit off the internet.

Comment

Gemtech mist and probably one of those magpul stock things. I just had an itch for an integral suppressed 10/22 and just started buying random shit off the internet.
                      ahhh didn't realize that was a barrel, just thought suppressor. Then I assume you bought the slip fit (classic) model receiver. As long as you aren't doing the rear tang, things are really simple. If you ARE doing the rear tang, find a stock that has the inletting for it already done unless you have some good machining equipment.

Comment

This video is a demonstration on how to install a barrel on a 10/22.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                          ahhh didn't realize that was a barrel, just thought suppressor. Then I assume you bought the slip fit (classic) model receiver. As long as you aren't doing the rear tang, things are really simple. If you ARE doing the rear tang, find a stock that has the inletting for it already done unless you have some good machining equipment.
                          I think the rear rang and super mega mag release lever are the only parts I didn't buy.

Comment

You are welcome to borrow my 10/22 as an example. I think I even have the ruger manual.

I also just came across this and it looks pretty thorough.

http://http://www.drfrankenruger.com/dr_frankenruger_ruger_1022_disassembly__assembly_m anual/ruger_1022_barrel_removal_and_installation

Comment

I think the rear rang and super mega mag release lever are the only parts I didn't buy.
                              Let me know if you want some help, I have one that I have done a lot to and am just down the road. I'll probably have some free time this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X