FiOS users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiOS users

I recently found out that I have FiOS available in my area. I am using whatever time warner was moved into (att spectrum I think). Anyway, my speeds are no slouch, but my upload is obviously no where near where it could be. My normal usage as of right now is about 2TB a month with roughly 30% of that being upload.

Does FiOS have any bandwidth limits that they place on their users? I've never gotten so much as a warning from my cable provider for using so much.

No sir, no bandwidth limitations. When I had 60+ Plex users, I was averaging 1.2tb upload from the one pc, per month.

Your reasoning for looking into FiOS is the exact reason I use them, the symmetric bandwidth is a must for me w/ working remotely, hosting plex and having Crashplan constantly uploading for backups.

Comment

Awesome, thanks man. I'll see if I can get the service now.

Comment

You're welcome. iirc, when I was lookin recently, they had 100/100 for like $55/mo introductory pricing. I think it's for the first 6 months, then goes up afterwards.

Comment

"Jessica: I appreciate your interest in Verizon services; however, from last April 2016, Verizon discontinued the business in TX and the business is transfered to Frontier."

Interesting... going that route now.

Comment

Err, sorry, I assumed you were aware of them selling out everything but the east coast to Frontier.

Comment

It looks like the fastest I can get is 150/150 from Frontier.

Comment

Hrmm, I figured they offered faster, but can you actually soak that kinda connection there at home?

Comment

I was hoping for 300/300, just upset is all. I can charge this off on my business anyway, so maybe i'll keep both :O

Comment

Fml I'm happy w/ a measly 50/50.

Comment

Alright, it'll be here Friday. Thanks for your help.

Comment

abecx=closer

Comment

Too much expendable income haha

Comment

That's a problem I don't think I'll ever become familiar with.

Comment

i have 150/150 at the house with 10ish plex users, but that's about it using upload

I get steady 150/150 speeds everytime I check. 300/300 was available, but it was like double the cost. I only pay 75/mo for 150/150 now

Comment

Working...
                              X