Whats a ford 429ci motor worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a ford 429ci motor worth?

Got an old 71 LTD with a 429 2bbl and a C6 trans in it. Car only has 23K miles, but looks like it's been to hell and back. I figure the motor is worth more than anything on the car, but I have absolutely no idea what an old BBF is worth. It's currently non running and locked up, I have some marvel mystery oil soaking in the cylinders, so I might be able to free it up. Any ideas?

Coupe hundo if you can free it up? That's my guess.
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

3-500 i would say if its freed up. the guys on theturboforums.com might be interested as there are a few 429 builds going over there, or store it for something later.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The key is the cylinder heads. If they are C9VE or D0VE heads they are worth a lot more than the other junk that is out there. The shortblock isn't especially worthy because it is not that much different than the other stuff that came later, in fact most people prefer the 460 parts just for the extra cubes.

To make serious power with them you really need aftermarket heads. You can work around the stock heads with a huge cam that favors the exhaust side if you are really intent on it but the ports are pretty much shit on all the factory heads.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I kinda want to put one in a falcon gasser.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            The key is the cylinder heads. If they are C9VE or D0VE heads they are worth a lot more than the other junk that is out there. The shortblock isn't especially worthy because it is not that much different than the other stuff that came later, in fact most people prefer the 460 parts just for the extra cubes.

To make serious power with them you really need aftermarket heads. You can work around the stock heads with a huge cam that favors the exhaust side if you are really intent on it but the ports are pretty much shit on all the factory heads.
            Has the D0VE-C heads on it.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I kinda want to put one in a falcon gasser.
            I'd like for someone to just buy the whole damned car so i don't have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I'd like for someone to just buy the whole damned car so i don't have to deal with it.
              Too bad it's not a running FE or small block. I am looking for a donor.

Do you know if it's a 5x5 or 5x4.5 lug pattern? Disc brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                Too bad it's not a running FE or small block. I am looking for a donor.

Do you know if it's a 5x5 or 5x4.5 lug pattern? Disc brakes?

5x4.5 and front disc.

Comment

I'd throw the heads on ebay. There used to be a big block fox body mailing list but I have no idea if it's still around. Or hit up 429-460.com and 460Ford.com.

Comment

I might be interested. PM me if you still trying to get rid of it.
                    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

From what I can tell, the heads are worth $500, give or take on ebay. If someone wanted to give me $700 for the whole damned car, I would take it.

Comment

Working...
                      X