Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, uh... the Trump campaign did collude with Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, uh... the Trump campaign did collude with Russia?

Trump Jr sent out a pretty damning series of emails today. I'm not convinced that what's here is illegal, but sheesh...

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would obviously be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone
    When the government pays, the government controls.

I just found out I can see twitter on my work computer.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Shady or not, I don't see any legal issue. Was there anything criminal about the Arab Spring? That was very obviously one (our) government having a vested interest (with much more hands-on work) in the future and outcomes of other countries, but I don't see anyone going to trial/jail/etc over that...
      Last edited by Strychnine; 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Put me in the I don't care category.

Move on and lower my business taxes please.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Shady or not, I don't see any legal issue. Was there anything criminal about the Arab Spring? That was very obviously one (our) government having a vested interest (with much more hands-on work) in the future and outcomes of other countries, but I don't see anyone going to trial/jail/etc over that...
          Or how about http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-stay-EU.html

Comment

After all of the shit that Obummer and Hildabeast have pulled in the last decade, I don't care that someone had a meeting, but never even acted on it.

Comment

To this day I don't understand the end game here.

Let's say that the 1 in a million chance of something illegal happened.
              Let's say that they find enough votes on the hill to start impeachment proceedings
              Let's say they find enough votes to impeach Trump.... So you get President Pence

Let's say you get the one in a million shot that they can prove Pence was in on it.
              You get President Ryan.

Game over for 3 1/2 years.

If the left is assuming that the above craziness would last 4 years and be enough to elect Hillary they are idiotic.

This electorate is the large version of the dog in UP.

Once Trump was gone, this shit would be forgotten as soon as the next American Idol came out.

Comment

Anyone else think that the Russians provided these emails to the press?

Don Jr. knew why he went to that meeting. The fact that he did not get what he was after doesn't hide his intent. He probably knew that the info he was looking for wouldn't be free. I wonder what he was willing to exchange for it. I wish him luck in trying to prove that the meeting was as uneventful as he now claims.

If someone sent my wife an email thread where some broad invited me to a hotel room for sex, and I admitted to showing up with a hard dick, how difficult do you think it would be for me to explain that I was there for a Cutco demonstration? Even if I had proven myself to be the most faithful husband in the world for 15 years, how would I be able to convince her that nothing happened even though cutlery was not mentioned once in the emails?

Intent is the key here. Everybody knows why I showed up to that hotel room. I could claim that I didn't get any until I was blue in the balls but the reason that I showed up would probably be enough reason for my assets to be decreased by 50%.

And if that really did happen, you bet your ass I would have come home with a $400 set of steak knives.

Comment

I have no issue with him going to the meeting wanting dirt on Hillary, the truth should always come out, it's what he'd have been willing to give in exchange that possibly amounts to collusion.

Unlike your analogy Angus, we don't know that he specifically went with the intention to collude (yet).

It's more like meeting up with a chick wanting to buy something you had posted for sale on Craigslist, and she hit's you up for a $100 BJ. What you do with the offer is what gets explained to the wife.

Comment

His intent was to get some dirt on Hillary from the Russians. Absolutely nothing about that is illegal.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

BTW this is so common there's a term for it ("oppo")

Opposition research (also called oppo) is the practice of collecting information on a political opponent or other adversary that can be used to discredit or otherwise weaken them. The information can include biographical, legal or criminal, medical, educational, or financial history or activities, as well as prior media coverage, or the voting record of a politician. Opposition research can also entail using "trackers" to follow an individual and record their activities or political speeches.[1]

The research is usually conducted in the time period between announcement of intent to run and the actual election; however political parties maintain long-term databases that can cover several decades. The practice is both a tactical maneuver and a cost-saving measure.[2]
                      The wiki page has a ton of examples from US politics: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_research

Comment

Russian Lawyer Veselnitskaya Says She Didn’t Give Trump Jr. Info on Clinton

ht[/SIZE]tp://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-lawyer-who-met-trump-jr-i-didn-t-have-n781631

Unless the above is completely false, is it possible that Donald Jr. email was intended to bait the MSM just to rub their noses in the dirt again?
                        Last edited by txminime; 07-11-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

It's a muh collusion with Russia boomerang. Dems pull strings to get Russian lawyer in the country, seen 8 days later at a congressional hearing with the US ambassador to Russia.

Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                          X