X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a 94 Lightning?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Yes, they sold them with the v6, but I have yet to see one for sale in my search. The 305 is a gas guzzling turd that can't get out of its own way. Fuel mileage is my concern with the TBI 350.
      The 94-98 Vortec 350 is not TBI...its sequential fuel injection. Mine averaged 17 mpg city and as much as 22 on the highway but it was ordered with 3:42 highway gears. My father bought an 01 Silverado SCSB 4.3 V6 and it turned out my truck got about the same mileage in overall use because he was holding the throttle open more to keep it at highway speed...while my 5.7 was just barely working.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        The 94-98 Vortec 350 is not TBI...its sequential fuel injection. Mine averaged 17 mpg city and as much as 22 on the highway but it was ordered with 3:42 highway gears. My father bought an 01 Silverado SCSB 4.3 V6 and it turned out my truck got about the same mileage in overall use because he was holding the throttle open more to keep it at highway speed...while my 5.7 was just barely working.

96-98 is the vortec with the spider injectors. 88-95 is the TBI version.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          yea, i will say my v6 fullsize was a pig with ANY incline at 60-70mph in 5th. It would run 80mph just fine, but at 70 it wouldnt pull a hill. I had to constantly drop to 4th gear. it had 3.42s. steeper gears would have helped that truck A LOT.
          not going to lie i miss that little gutless bitch sometimes.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            In Rangers I'm finding pure shit, people on crack, or a LOT of what's out there seems to be of the extended cab, 3.0, auto variety. I've looked at a bunch in person, and every damn one has been a basketcase and completely misrepresented.
            That's how the Ranger shopping has been, it sucks out loud. They're always needing a new front end (ball joints, tie rods, bushings) seats are shit, brakes are shit, etc. folks beat them up. Just remember these issues are easily and cheaply fixed so you're just deciding how much bs you want to deal with when shopping.

Clean rangers are very scarce, so they drive a premium.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Rangers are insane, even at the auctions.
            How do you mean?

Comment

I agree, Ranger shopping was awful. It's why jr ended up with a super clean Dakota instead. I couldn't find a Ranger half as nice for double the price.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Shoot.

Comment

To think that in 2011 I foolishly traded in a 2006 base model Ranger 5-speed that I had bought new, when it could have gone to a good home instead. It was completely trouble-free during the time I owned it.

Comment

i sent you a link on facebook. i aint sure how long it would last in irving though.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      Do yourself a favor and stay away from any full size ford with a V6, unless it's the 4.9L. Also, fuel mileage is a joke with any truck, doesn't matter if it's a V6 or a V8. You're going to see 15-17mpg at best. Doesn't matter if it's a 4.0L ranger, or a 5.7L chevy, you're never going to see better.

Rangers are insane, even at the auctions.

In our younger years several friends had the 97+ Ford with the v6, and those things were tanks and never broke. Why do you say that?

Trying to stay away from all v8s. I don't want to have to pay for the turd's gas. That's why a 4cyl Ranger is appealing. That and reliability. He doesn't want a Ranger, but when he saves up enough to go buy what he wants I can use the Ranger myself to keep miles off my truck.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        LOL! The one you have been fighting for a year or so?

Comment

My 94 S-10 V6 has been reasonable on gas, averaging 18-23 in my daily commute through a lot of traffic. The interior's on those are pure crap so good luck with finding a nice one.

Comment

Im selling my 97 S10, its not perfect but its modded enough for a teen to like it. 97 4cyl 5 speed, 214k miles for 2500. Pm me your number if interested or anyone else for that matter. And I have no idea how to downsize this lol so suck it!!!
                            Last edited by Rick Modena; 07-13-2017, 10:46 AM. Reason: you can send an email/PM if you can't resize better than that.
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Bcoop is old as fuck now

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                Bcoop is old as fuck now
                                That ain't no shit!

Comment

Working...
                                X