Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh yes the GP, never rest!

Comment

The flowchart that Danny posted seems to throw a finger to the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Comment

This dyno was before the '13 motor.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          This dyno was before the '13 motor.
          So throw another ~8hp on top of that, not too shabby! lol

Didnt even notice is was a OLD bump....

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
            Why not use the wideband that's built into the car from the factory?
            Wow, way to bring up an old thread. Since this was just a "fun" dyno run and not being used to tune the car, there's no reason to tap into the wideband harness.
            Originally posted by Pooter View Post
            In all fairness his is a '12 with a brand new '13 motor in it
            It is now, but that was with the original engine at 2500 miles. It gained about 2mph with the new engine, so I think there's a little more now. Cold be 400-405ish, maybe. Pretty good for a stock (reflashed from Ford) tune.
            And there is a reason he's not tuning it, from the other thread he had about #8 giving up all while BONE STOCK. Really isnt a bad idea, just look, he got a free engine out of it, and had he had it tuned they would have blamed the tune. 390 is plenty to play with to not need 15-20 more hp to keep the warranty for a bit longer. Were doing the same thing with my wife's '13 GT.
            I would feel more confident tuning a '13. The pistons were significantly revised, and the tuners have become more sophisticated. I'll probably have mine tuned after the summer.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Wow, way to bring up an old thread. Since this was just a "fun" dyno run and not being used to tune the car, there's no reason to tap into the wideband harness.
              I didn't bring up the thread....you don't need to tap into your wideband harness either, it's right on your instrument cluster.
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I didn't bring up the thread....you don't need to tap into your wideband harness either, it's right on your instrument cluster.
                No, YOU have it on YOUR instrument cluster. I have a 2012. And unless you tap into the car's onboard sensor, the sensor data is not going to be on the graph.

Comment

Ok, maybe for a datalog but there are thousands of people who tune their car with just a wideband in their car. Whatever I'm done.
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    It is now, but that was with the original engine at 2500 miles. It gained about 2mph with the new engine, so I think there's a little more now. Cold be 400-405ish, maybe. Pretty good for a stock (reflashed from Ford) tune.

I would feel more confident tuning a '13. The pistons were significantly revised, and the tuners have become more sophisticated. I'll probably have mine tuned after the summer.
                    You going to dyno this one too? Maybe before doing the tune in the summer, see what it does, kind of interested to see the difference just between '12/'13

400rwhp is still plenty for her to get in trouble with, she doesnt need a tune, lol.

Comment

Ok, maybe for a datalog but there are thousands of people who tune their car with just a wideband in their car. Whatever I'm done.
                      I'm not confused about how to get the data, just making it clear that this wasn't a tuning session.
                      Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                      You going to dyno this one too?
                      I would probably do a before/after. Not really that concerned about it right now though. There are already a lot of dyno queen 5.0s that can't lay down what they've got, so I don't see a need for another one.

Comment

Working...
                      X