DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > Tech

Tech Automotive Tech, Ford, Chevy, if it's tech, it's in here.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #21
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Mc View Post
Yea I am sick now lol. Austin Speed shops event was kickass!

From what I have seen if you are going for serious power a single plane manifold is the way to go. Some people(cough DJ) had issue with dual planes. Tune ability wise it is excellent.
I have heard the Fitech doesnt have the same issue, possibly due to where the MAP is read from. Mind was just a vacuum port, and the FItech has it in the bore.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #22
jtotin
Time Served

I ran MSDs atomic EFI kit on a 1972 318 Duster and itís quite amazing. I think it does better than the Fitech systems as far as the response Iíve felt between both systems. And I also like that the MSD system doesnít require a return system for the fuel. And it looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jtotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #23
BLAKE
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtotin View Post
I ran MSDs atomic EFI kit on a 1972 318 Duster and itís quite amazing. I think it does better than the Fitech systems as far as the response Iíve felt between both systems. And I also like that the MSD system doesnít require a return system for the fuel. And it looks amazing.

I can't believe this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It seems it's all Fitech or Holley Sniper. How long has the MSD solution been around and what else do you know? I need answers! lol
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #24
cool cat
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
I can't believe this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It seems it's all Fitech or Holley Sniper. How long has the MSD solution been around and what else do you know? I need answers! lol
it's been around for a few years.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #25
jtotin
Time Served

Quote:

Well I know itís a great system. Specifics of course can be found online. But theyíre got a couple different variations of the kit of course and different accessories. I will for sure being going with the MSD kit when I get to putting a motor and fuel system in the coupe, whenever that is hahaha

Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #26
BLAKE
Lifer

Initial research says that trying to run it with a returnless fuel system is dumb. Add up the parts it takes to make it a return system and it's suddenly about the same price as others or more. Apparently the support isn't as good as Holley either.

My interest in this system is mostly around having an MSD Billet distributor and 6AL box and I've been getting mixed messages on if that is compatible with the Holley Sniper.

Edit: sorry for the thread hijack, Scott.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #27
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
it's been around for a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtotin View Post
Well I know itís a great system. Specifics of course can be found online. But theyíre got a couple different variations of the kit of course and different accessories. I will for sure being going with the MSD kit when I get to putting a motor and fuel system in the coupe, whenever that is hahaha

It's been around a long time, and I hear good things from those that venture outside of the normal few to try it, but they had some bugs and issues early, and IIRC the auto tuning system that they originally had was lacking a lot.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #28
jtotin
Time Served

Quote:
Initial research says that trying to run it with a returnless fuel system is dumb. Add up the parts it takes to make it a return system and it's suddenly about the same price as others or more. Apparently the support isn't as good as Holley either.

My interest in this system is mostly around having an MSD Billet distributor and 6AL box and I've been getting mixed messages on if that is compatible with the Holley Sniper.

Edit: sorry for the thread hijack, Scott.

With the system operating with a PWM pump makes the system what it is. I would see an issue only depending on hour horsepower demand. Higher horsepower id be using a return system. So I guess itís gonna depends on your power needs.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #29
cool cat
Lifer

A friend just put a Holley Sniper on his 62 Mercury Wagon, it is running but has not been on the road yet due to transmission issues. He is also using an MSD distributor and 6AL or similar, and he should be able to adjust timing from inside the car.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #30
BLAKE
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
A friend just put a Holley Sniper on his 62 Mercury Wagon, it is running but has not been on the road yet due to transmission issues. He is also using an MSD distributor and 6AL or similar, and he should be able to adjust timing from inside the car.
Nice. Good to know. Thanks man.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #31
Fourx4Brad
Punk Ass Newbie

Any fuel mileage updates? Or system reliability issues?

I've started carb to efi swap research this week. Currently I'm leaning towards the MSD Atomic EFI since I already have an MSD distributor and 6AL box.
Fourx4Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #32
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

The holley sniper's software is the same or similar to the other holley offerings, once you get the usb interface. That's a big plus in my book.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #33
projectPONY
Lifer

I know this isn't the correct place to put this but I'm contemplating selling my FiTech kit if anyone is interested. I need to free up some $ and this is just not practical for me right now since I still have a list of things I want to get or do to the truck.

If anyone is interested I'll post up details.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

projectPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #34
Scott Mc
Outcast

Which kit and how much? I will never put another carb on an engine after flipping to fuel injection. It just works now, every time. No more modern fuel issues, still shitty mileage but that's a big block in an 18 foot car lol.
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #35
projectPONY
Lifer

This one. And I think I could let it go for $1150. It's all brand new in the original boxes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

projectPONY is offline   Reply With Quote