Tightening the Strut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightening the Strut

So I just installed some Fox struts on my 95 with hand tools only. Some of you who have done this are probably familiar with the spin you get when you attempt to tighten said nut. I’m thinking I might need some extra hands because I’ve tightened as much as I can and only got so far. I just put a flat head in the center and tightened with a crescent wrench and this is what I came up with. Compared to the stock strut, it looks like it needs to be tightened a little more. What do y’all think?
    Attached Files
    .....bro....

Is there a pair of flats on the underside where you can put another wrench to hold it? Do you have the other side still off to compare the amount of threads to the old one you replaced?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Tightening the Strut

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Is there a pair of flats on the underside where you can put another wrench to hold it? Do you have the other side still off to compare the amount of threads to the old one you replaced?

Damn. I never checked! I’ll see when I get home. I only have the stock driver side still mounted. It’s the rusty colored but I posted

Looking at the images online of the KYB strut, it doesn’t appear that it does....
      Last edited by A+; 12-18-2018, 01:47 PM.
      .....bro....

Comment

An impact will run it down.

Comment

So I hear.....
          .....bro....

Comment

It will also help if you jack the car up and let the struts hang at full extension. Really you need an impact to do it easily but if you have struts that are adjustable at the top like KYBs you should not use an impact on those.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I’m gonna try tightening it up some more when I find another pair of hands and then again, when I sit the car down. Then maybe find a random mechanic and bet him $2 that his impact can’t bolt these things down.
              If I can get one more thread to show, I’ll be happy.
              .....bro....

Comment

What part of town?
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Way out here in richardson.
                  .....bro....

Comment

I've got an electric impact, but wont be in that area until christmas eve.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I've got an electric impact, but wont be in that area until christmas eve.
                      It’s cool. I’ll be working anyway.
                      .....bro....

Comment

I dont get that way ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          I dont get that way ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          I moved to richardson from Seagoville a few years ago and all the sudden I’m in Timbuktu. I’ll see what Whiteboy is up to....
                          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            I moved to richardson from Seagoville a few years ago and all the sudden I’m in Timbuktu. I’ll see what Whiteboy is up to....
                            Im headed to his place tomorrow.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I’ve been wanting to hook up with him for a speaker cover for about a year now ��

....this driver side sure is giving me a hard time though. Might have to just cut it off!
                              Last edited by A+; 12-22-2018, 09:17 AM.
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X