No announcement yet.

You can't hide from cops with license-plate scanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove around my 57 BelAir for years with a 1957 plate I found at a swap meet, refinished, and slapped on the car. Never even had it registered or inspected, passed cops all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
      They purchased these systems from grants given by the Bush Administration under the idea of "Homeland Security" and nobody has had a problem with it - until now.
      Now that is fucking bullshit. I have had a major problem with the Patriot Act and the DHS since their inception. I know exactly who implemented them, thanks for the reminder, and yet I am still mostly conservative. As draconian as the policies under Bush were, they have only expanded under der Kommissar.
      Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I drove around my 57 BelAir for years with a 1957 plate I found at a swap meet, refinished, and slapped on the car. Never even had it registered or inspected, passed cops all the time.
      LOL. You goddamned gangster.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Here, just use this:

sigpic

Comment

I have no problem with the police scanning my plates if that means they`ll recover stolen cars faster, get people with warrants off the street, and are able to determine the historical travel habits of a wanted dangerous felon when a lisc plate scan history would show that.

If you really want to make it political, and give credit where credit is due, then you`ll be happy to know that the fine GOP supporting folks down at Texas A&M were some of the biggest players in designing and developing the lisc plate scanners for use in law enforcement. Developed, Designed, and Paid for by Republicans. Guess you can say your party "Approves" of this technology.

If you think this has anything at all to do with recovering solen vehicles, or getting people with warrants off the street, then you're a bigger fool than your posts suggest.
          Last edited by bcoop; 07-18-2013, 10:26 AM.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            For several years I had the plates on my truck that were on it when my brother bought it, and didnt know that they werent the correct ones for the truck.
            That happened to my ex-wife, kinda. In CA if you buy a car from a dealer with a plate already on it, you just keep that same plate. So after buying a car here, I never gave the plate a second thought. And the dealership never sent us a new plate, or called to have us come get it.. So she drove that car around for several years with the old plate. She finally got pulled over and the cop was threatening to impound the car. He finally just gave her a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              That happened to my ex-wife, kinda. In CA if you buy a car from a dealer with a plate already on it, you just keep that same plate. So after buying a car here, I never gave the plate a second thought. And the dealership never sent us a new plate, or called to have us come get it.. So she drove that car around for several years with the old plate. She finally got pulled over and the cop was threatening to impound the car. He finally just gave her a ticket.
              I got out of a few tickets that way. Hell on my Altima when I went to get the plates put on a NTN, the dude ripped the paper tag off, and tossed the new ones under the trunk mat. I sold the car to a friend and told him to get new plates when he registered it, but he decided to wait a while to do that, and he got a ticket. Then he was mad at me.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I find it amusing that they dismiss the program for being far reaching for little gain....yet feel widespread gun control for the good of one life is ok.....ugh.

Comment

Not unless the front plate gets scanned.
                  And I don't run a front plate.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

LOL. You goddamned gangster.
                    I don't have Hardcore tattooed on my chest or anything, but that's how I roll. Don't be hatin'.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I don't have Hardcore tattooed on my chest or anything, but that's how I roll. Don't be hatin'.
                      We know. Yours says softcore.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        If you think this has anything at all to do with recovering solen vehicles, or getting people with warrants off the street, then you're a bigger fool than your posts suggest.
                        So, what do you think the real intent of the LP scanner is?

If the govt wants to track you, they can through any electronic device.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          So, what do you think the real intent of the LP scanner is?

If the govt wants to track you, they can through any electronic device.
                          revenue generation, get that money.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                            revenue generation, get that money.
                            What money is there in apprehending wanted fugitives or recovering stolen cars?

Hmmmmm???

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              What money is there in apprehending wanted fugitives or recovering stolen cars?
                              I don't see how this is constitutional. Spare me the loopholes too. As someone that went to war/fight for this country, I don't see how you think this is right. I see cops using this all the time as well as at traffic lights, they are typing in as many plates as they can, how is this PC?
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I don't see how this is constitutional. Spare me the loopholes too. As someone that went to war/fight for this country, I don't see how you think this is right. I see cops using this all the time as well as at traffic lights, they are typing in as many plates as they can, how is this PC?
                                If you want to build your own roads on your own land, you don't have to have a DL, insurance, or plates.

There is no requirement for probable cause to run a public plate.

Like I said, LP info is the least of our worries.

Comment

Working...
                                X