CO Anti-Gun Group Cancels Gun Buyback Due to Background Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO Anti-Gun Group Cancels Gun Buyback Due to Background Checks

You have to love the irony in this one. According to a report from KOAA, anti-gun groups in Colorado were forced to cancel a gun buyback event due to new laws passed by the state legislature earlier this year.

The law states that all transfers of firearms must go through a federally licensed firearms dealer who will then proceed to perform a background check for each transfer.

If Together Colorado, the group planning the event, had wanted the buyback to take place they would have had to host it at a gun shop. Then, for each transfer they would need to pay money and go through a time consuming background check…for every firearm.

Due to these restrictions the buyback was canceled at the request of a local sheriff, Joe Pelle.

According to KOAA,

Event organizers had planned to give gift cards or tickets to sporting events to people who turned in firearms. Students raised nearly $8,000 to purchase the incentives.

The idea was to collect guns and then immediately hand them over to the Sheriff’s Office for destruction. Some of the remnants of the destroyed firearms would then be passed along to Boulder-area metalworking artist Jessica Adams to use for a sculpture aimed at creating gun violence awareness.

Colorado finds themselves in the national spotlight due to their strict gun control laws that were passed earlier this year.

The passage of the laws has resulted in multi-million dollar gun related businesses, such as Magpul, to consider moving their operations to gun friendly states like South Carolina. Not only that, the laws may end up threatening the careers of two Democratic senators who are in the process of being recalled.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

LOL, serves those fuckers right.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Haha. I guess they don't believe that taking even one gun off the street saves a life. Otherwise they would sit through the form and pay the fee. Besides, they have $8,000 to work with here.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Haha. I guess they don't believe that taking even one gun off the street saves a life. Otherwise they would sit through the form and pay the fee. Besides, they have $8,000 to work with here.
        I bet they couldn't find an FFL to work with. If you had yours, would you help these jackasses?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I would let them advertise it and set up their stupid little table in my store. Then I would give envelopes with cash to my employees to buy up the guns out from under them. They can pack up and leave if they don't like it. By then the damage is done, people are bring guns they don't care about and for pennies on the dollar.

Can't beat them, join them...............and burn them down from the inside out.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I would do it, but the price....oh the price.........define irony.

Comment

Working...
            X