Kids for Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids for Cash

Mark Ciavarella Jr. was convicted of taking bribes from developers of juvenile detention centers. The case, known as "kids for cash" led to the tossing of 4,000 convictions issued by Ciavarella.

A Pennsylvania judge was sentenced to 28 years in prison in connection to a bribery scandal that roiled the state's juvenile justice system. Former Luzerne County Judge Mark Ciavarella Jr. was convicted of taking $1 million in bribes from developers of juvenile detention centers. The judge then presided over cases that would send juveniles to those same centers. The case came to be known as "kids-for-cash."

The AP adds:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court tossed about 4,000 convictions issued by Ciavarella between 2003 and 2008, saying he violated the constitutional rights of the juveniles, including the right to legal counsel and the right to intelligently enter a plea.
    Ciavarella, 61, was tried and convicted of racketeering charges earlier this year. His attorneys had asked for a "reasonable" sentence in court papers, saying, in effect, that he's already been punished enough.
    "The media attention to this matter has exceeded coverage given to many and almost all capital murders, and despite protestation, he will forever be unjustly branded as the 'Kids for Cash' judge," their sentencing memo said.
    The Times Leader, of Wilkes-Barre, Pa., reports that the court house in Scranton was overflowing this morning. More than a dozen people who said they had been affected by the judge's decision stood outside, awaiting the sentencing.

Jeff Pollins was in that crowd. His stepson was convicted by Ciavarella.

"These kids are still affected by it. It's like post traumatic stress disorder," Pollins told the Times Leader. "Our life is ruined. It's never going to be the same... I'd like to see that happen to him," he said.

This shit should be treason. Hang that mother fucker.

Comment

fuck hanging... lock his ass up and let him see what it feels like.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

If this pisses you off then you should be ticked at the entire prison system and legal system as they stand. This is essentially the same BS that happens to minor drug users that can't afford good legal representation because it's too damned expensive. The only people getting rich are the prison developers while the municipalities that enforce these BS trivial laws end up broke. All of this while the real criminals roam free doing as they wish for the most part.

Comment

yup. fuck CCA. the only good thing is they do hire some good looking women.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            If this pisses you off then you should be ticked at the entire prison system and legal system as they stand. This is essentially the same BS that happens to minor drug users that can't afford good legal representation because it's too damned expensive. The only people getting rich are the prison developers while the municipalities that enforce these BS trivial laws end up broke. All of this while the real criminals roam free doing as they wish for the most part.
            oh I am, trust me... it's repulsive to lock up people for minor drug crimes and traumatize and stigmatize them

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              This shit should be treason. Hang that mother fucker.
              I'm going to count that as one more vote for the return of public hangings.
              WH

Comment

This sort of thing is nothing new. Denton County has been doing this in waves with both juveniles and druggies for 30+ years and they have been caught over and over again but nothing is ever done. The most glaring example that I remember was every judge being on the take to send anyone with a drug case who had insurance to a "rehab" that would bill to the limits of the persons policy and then let them go.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  This sort of thing is nothing new. Denton County has been doing this in waves with both juveniles and druggies for 30+ years and they have been caught over and over again but nothing is ever done. The most glaring example that I remember was every judge being on the take to send anyone with a drug case who had insurance to a "rehab" that would bill to the limits of the persons policy and then let them go.
                  And nobody gives a shit unless TMZ or their cell phone service is interrupted. We live in a pretty shitty world these days.

Oh and the latest study has the US falling faster on the "freedom" list than SVO toking and headbanging it to Kid Rock's "Poolman."

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    And nobody gives a shit unless TMZ or their cell phone service is interrupted. We live in a pretty shitty world these days.

Oh and the latest study has the US falling faster on the "freedom" list than SVO toking and headbanging it to Kid Rock's "Poolman."
                    I like Kid Rock as a person but can not remember even one of his songs. Does he really have one called "Poolman"? I hope that I inspired him to write it if he does. I do not get high but I would if Willie offered me some.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-03-2015, 12:20 AM.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

you know the song he did with sheryl crow, quit lyin'.

Comment

^^^ That was all new to me, and it sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          you know the song he did with sheryl crow, quit lyin'.

I hate that stupid fucking song. That idiot is some kind of lowlife king of failed humble bargs. That song is like some kind of modern white trash anthem.
                          WH

Comment

I watched a documentary about this POS called 'Kids for Cash'. He sentenced over 3000 kids to prison all for minor offenses.
                            Glad to find out he got and will get what is coming to him- federal pound me in the ass prison

Comment

so I want to change my stance...

being locked away in prison is a worse fate than death IMO, and it's not very spiritually enlightened of me to wish to torture another man for his sins...

I think he should be forgiven and killed.

(stance subject to change)

Comment

Working...
                              X