Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Sounds like TMRS ?
    Yes, I might work until then but I’m ready to retire any time now. I did get the restricted prior service credit applied so the 5 year vesting requirement has already been met.
    Last edited by The King; 03-06-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Jesus...yall have some generous companies. I work for the state so its 7% mandatory and 100% match. Its a pension program though

Comment

50% on the dollar up to 6%
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Hard to say since they put money in the 401k via profit sharing and also maintain a separate profit sharing acct. Get annual profit sharing statement next month and will be very happy, I'm sure. Fully vested after 5 years, but I'm well past that.

Comment

Shit. Mine only matches up to $900, with a $300 bonus depending on company performance. We do get a pension that doesn't come out of our pay, though.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
              Sounds like TMRS ?
              My TMRS is also 7% with a 2 to 1 match. We also do the 457b plan which is a match of 4%.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                50% on the dollar up to 6%
                This is what my company does.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

TSP Matching:
                  Dollar for Dollar 1%-3%
                  Fifty Cents on the Dollar 4-5%

Pension as well and vested after 5 years

They also just started offering Roth TSP that will allow $18,500 max contribution but no matching.

Comment

Well well, look at all the city employees up in here.. lol

Comment

Perfect for me, a miniscule commute without freeway gridlock any longer and I can put my vast knowledge (though much less vast than svo's) to work right where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        My company will fully match up to 7% and then add in another 5.2% no matter what the employee contributes (so up to 12.2% from employer)
                        I want to work where you work. I won't know what im doing but I can learn. Starting salary must be above 100k and offer at least 4 weeks paid vacation a year.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          I want to work where you work. I won't know what im doing but I can learn. Starting salary must be above 100k and offer at least 4 weeks paid vacation a year.
                          They also pay 100% of the insurance premiums for my wife and me. But I have to live in Houston...
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 03-07-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

They also pay 100% of the insurance premiums for my wife and me. But I have to live in Houston...
                            Houston eh... sounds like thats why the benefits are so good! ha

Comment

You need any supervisors? I'll supervise the SHIT out of some people.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                                7% mandatory employee contribution, employer matches 2X that amount after five years.

This but ours is 8 yrs. Really a long time.

I think most company's are 50% on the first 5 or 6%.

Comment

Working...
                                X