April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I had a shot of Gunslingers Napalm out of my Cav shotglass last night. I'm going to make a trip to Dallas here soon. I'd like to see some of you assholes.
    IN! I'd like to swap memories about 1/506th and Camp Greaves!

Comment

Incredible story. Thanks for your service Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        IN! I'd like to swap memories about 1/506th and Camp Greaves!
        Oh hell that will be fun. We'll have to figure this out. I turn 38 this month
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It does ring your bell a bit but it doesn't bite your ear. Or...you know, mine didn't. Results may vary.

I love medics. Mine was great and believed that we were all patients, wounded or not and it was his job to protect us so he trained on our weapons just as hard as we did, whether he was scheduled to roll to the fields with us or not.

I wasn’t a medic. I was a grunt like you. I decided to go to med school to see if I could and I did. I was used to functioning in a high level group so I wanted to do something difficult yet rewarding when I decided the military wasn’t in my future any longer.
          But I agree, several of our medics performed heroics under fire. They are a rare breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            I wasn’t a medic. I was a grunt like you. I decided to go to med school to see if I could and I did. I was used to functioning in a high level group so I wanted to do something difficult yet rewarding when I decided the military wasn’t in my future any longer.
            But I agree, several of our medics performed heroics under fire. They are a rare breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            That's right, I forgot. Hey, I've been learning first aid stuff to help my cadets not get killed in the field when we roll out but...yeah. I'm lousy at it. It's .... odd to go from the high speed tempo of a combat unit and the brotherhood of the military to civilian life. I'm still not used to it.

Comment

That's right, I forgot. Hey, I've been learning first aid stuff to help my cadets not get killed in the field when we roll out but...yeah. I'm lousy at it. It's .... odd to go from the high speed tempo of a combat unit and the brotherhood of the military to civilian life. I'm still not used to it.

I’ve been out for 24yrs so I’ve mostly forgotten or repressed most of my military memories. I’m proud to have been a part of something bigger than me, but I will always despise my govt for the shit they did while I was in.

Comment

Well, resurrected thread for a resurrected reason. Instead of recreating this, I just dug it back up. I mean, us corpses (me and this thread) have to stick together don't we?

4 days until my alive day and this week, keep my boys in your thoughts, hold your loved ones close and tell your buddies you love them. Take not one day for granted because it can be taken in a heartbeat and, even after 15 years, I remember that day as if it were a few hours ago.

After that day I was homeless for 6 months, went through a divorce immediately afterwards where I lost everything I owned, got hit by a semi truck where my Ranger was totaled (folded up into itself), walked home from the hospital, lived out of the back of a 79 Suburban and went back to school for my degree.

I lost everything after that day and then it was returned to me 100 fold. I have a wife and two (soon to be 3) children and two dogs. God is good. If you learn nothing else from this story of this day of my life, learn this. God is good. That day, that worst day of my life had long lasting effects. The migraines, nightmares, the tremors and the pain are still here but it made me realize just how precious life is. When I looked down the barrel of my own pistol after losing my home, my (now ex)wife, my truck and a job I loved along with my health, I couldn't see a good part. I just saw pain, hurt and darkness.

I couldn't see where I am now. That path is dark, it's lonely and it's full of hurt. But in it, when I was screaming in the night, God held my hand. Even when I didn't want Him to, He did. I think it's because of Him that I can go through every day with this injury and the survivor guilt because I know I'll see my buddies again. There is something on the other side and I was not chosen to go that day. I will eventually. My work wasn't done and I didn't understand it then and still dont' for the most part but God is good and He has a plan.

Lift your drinks high to the Cav, to brothers and sisters who did not come home and to those who did. My family, my friends and those who give all for this Republic.

Infantry leads the way.

Comment

^^^ Amen, buddy.

Comment

Well, resurrected thread for a resurrected reason. Instead of recreating this, I just dug it back up. I mean, us corpses (me and this thread) have to stick together don't we?

4 days until my alive day and this week, keep my boys in your thoughts, hold your loved ones close and tell your buddies you love them. Take not one day for granted because it can be taken in a heartbeat and, even after 15 years, I remember that day as if it were a few hours ago.

After that day I was homeless for 6 months, went through a divorce immediately afterwards where I lost everything I owned, got hit by a semi truck where my Ranger was totaled (folded up into itself), walked home from the hospital, lived out of the back of a 79 Suburban and went back to school for my degree.

I lost everything after that day and then it was returned to me 100 fold. I have a wife and two (soon to be 3) children and two dogs. God is good. If you learn nothing else from this story of this day of my life, learn this. God is good. That day, that worst day of my life had long lasting effects. The migraines, nightmares, the tremors and the pain are still here but it made me realize just how precious life is. When I looked down the barrel of my own pistol after losing my home, my (now ex)wife, my truck and a job I loved along with my health, I couldn't see a good part. I just saw pain, hurt and darkness.

I couldn't see where I am now. That path is dark, it's lonely and it's full of hurt. But in it, when I was screaming in the night, God held my hand. Even when I didn't want Him to, He did. I think it's because of Him that I can go through every day with this injury and the survivor guilt because I know I'll see my buddies again. There is something on the other side and I was not chosen to go that day. I will eventually. My work wasn't done and I didn't understand it then and still dont' for the most part but God is good and He has a plan.

Lift your drinks high to the Cav, to brothers and sisters who did not come home and to those who did. My family, my friends and those who give all for this Republic.

Infantry leads the way.
                    Quoted because this post above any other I've read on this forum deserves it. Thank you, Frost, and so many others for serving, and you are 100% correct. God is great and has a plan. We just have to follow it. Glad you are with us and sharing your story another year. Bottoms up!

Comment

Maybe there's someone on here who will read this, who is having a bad day, who is hurting and can't see a good part of it. Thinks that there's never going to be an okay day to come. There will be. God has a plan. It can hurt. It probably will. It will make you scream and cry and beat against the walls until your fists bleed but there's a point to it. You will get better, there will be something to gain and....

God is good.

Comment

Infantry leads the way.

Fight the Good fight sir. We lose brothers everyday. Reading this lifted my spirits. Thank You

Armor leads the way.
                        If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

"Stands Alone"! and "Brave Rifles"!

Comment

Comment

Sadr City

Comment

15 years ago today. Lift your glasses high and say a prayer for the families of those who did not return.

But to the hero, when his sword
                                Has won the battle for the free,
                                Thy voice sounds like a prophet's word,
                                And in its hollow tones are heard
                                The thanks of millions yet to be.

Fitz-Greene Halleck, Marco Bozzaris.

Comment

Working...
                                X