My A-Team Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My A-Team Van

Several if not more months ago I got a wild hair and painted my beater van to look like the A-Team van. I wasn't sure if I'd like it (seeing as it's a Dodge not a GMC) so I didn't do a good job at all.
    Well I have finally decided That I do indeed like it, so I'm going to sand it smooth and repaint it nicer. Also I've found a push bar for it that I will be getting tomorrow, and am going to pick up the little square lights for the roof and push bar. My big problem right now is the wing and fender flairs. I DO NOT want to blow nearly a grand for the wing and flairs, so I'm thinking I'll give a go at making them myself. Heck I have a welder and a plasma cutter now!
    I'm thinking for the wing, I'll do a metal frame, shape it in foam (I'm good at making things out of foam) and then fiberglass it. same thing with foam and fiberglass for the fender flairs.
    I've never done fiberglass before and am sure its a HUGE pain in the ass.
    I'd also like to shave the damn conversion van windows, but I have slightly more experience with metal work than I do with fiberglass. (almost none)

So I can't decide if I'm here either here to Beg you to tell me not to do it, or to get support for my stupid ideas. lol

I will say this, If I found a nice GMC for the right price, I'd ditch the dodge quick and Buy all the real parts to make a killer van! But since that's not the case I'm playing with my little $600 turd.

Are you buying the correct wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Are you buying the correct wheels?
      If I can find them cheap enough. Otherwise I'm just painting these red.

Comment

Do it...just do it for the simple fact to learn and practice. If you screw it up, who cares!

Comment

I'm also going to ditch the spare tire rack on the back.

Comment

Dew it!

Comment

must drive with a shitload of gold chains around neck

cool drive
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

do the windows kill it?

Comment

needs more wing.

bro! windows just straight up let everyone know it is not a rape van.

Comment

gold chains and min14s!

word.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                      needs more wing.

bro! windows just straight up let everyone know it is not a rape van.
                      HAHAHAHAHA

but what if it is

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        If I can find them cheap enough. Otherwise I'm just painting these red.
                        I believe American Racing makes something very similar, you would need to paint them yourself (obviously).

Comment

I think you should do it! I actually plan on buying a van later this year to build my own conversion for camping, possibly even 4x4 swap eventually, and I've been considering an A Team tribute paint theme too. Just paint most likely, since it'll likely be a more modern E250 or E350.

As for your windows, how about just tinting them or doing vinyl wrap just on them, to match the paint scheme? I wouldn't think it would be too expensive and you could diy.

Comment

man if I could find a clean 83, I'd go all the way and spend all the money!

Comment

I'm pretty sure dodge had factory wheels that looked close to those on Ram chargers back in the 80s. i don't know if the lug pattern is the same but it would be pretty cool on your rig.

edit -

Comment

Working...
                              X