Ask SVO anything thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    Next you’ll be wowing us with your GTU class win in the Daytona 24hrs..... or maybe even the Nurburgring 24.

Photos or it’s all BS.
    I bought a turn key out dated race car. That was also nearly 30 years ago. At one point I had a picture of the smashed up car sitting in my side yard but I couldn't even begin to think of where to look to find the picture.

Edit: At the time the trailer the car came in was worth more than the car.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-18-2018, 01:12 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
      I can't answer that, when it comes to sweets I don't have enough self-control to find out for sure.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        I chalk at up as this right here, except the "175mph motorcycle crash and survived" story and those that know me personally know how I can call bullshit on .
        Crashing into something and just sliding down the pavement are two different things. If I had struck something I don't think I would be here today to talk about it.

Edit: I have seen first hand high speed wipeouts where the rider walked away. I have also seen 40 mile-an-hour hits to a car that killed the rider.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-18-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          Crashing into something and just sliding down the pavement are two different things. If I had struck something I don't think I would be here today to talk about it.

Edit: I have seen first hand high speed wipeouts where the rider walked away. I have also seen 40 mile-an-hour hits to a car that killed the rider.
          Like I said (and quoted someone else) one of the coolest and down to Earth guys on this website and one of the original DFWStangs & Corral'ers vouched for you before he passed, I'll leave it at that...

If anything at all you are entertaining as hell.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

^^^^ Forest ran into me at the tail end of me doing crazy shit every day and saw a bunch first hand. I am glad that he was not a snitch. It grates on my mind on a daily basis that I didn't take the time to go hang out with him shortly before he died.

Thank you for the compliment. I do my best to keep things lively. On that note y'all should really consider letting the monkey out of the cage, I liked reading Nay Nays post.

Comment

^^^^ Forest ran into me at the tail end of me doing crazy shit every day and saw a bunch first hand. I am glad that he was not a snitch. It grates on my mind on a daily basis that I didn't take the time to go hang out with him shortly before he died.

Thank you for the compliment. I do my best to keep things lively. On that note y'all should really consider letting the monkey out of the cage, I liked reading Nay Nays post.
              I've lobbied for him to get out, and he fucked it up within a week or so. Doubt they will roll the dice on him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I've lobbied for him to get out, and he fucked it up within a week or so.
                Haha!

On that note y'all should really consider letting the monkey out of the cage, I liked reading Nay Nays post.
                It's not up to me but, there was a lot of below the belt shit being slung from him and others. I'm at the point in my life that it ain't worth getting all worked up over because in the end it's just the fucking internet.

Though on the other hand the number one rule that we have always followed is not to fuck with a members work/lively hood and that line was well beyond crossed...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a friend that I regard as family that has crazy stories on his life. People question me all the time due to the similar way he tells stories and have to tell people that his sometimes stretched and warped by years passed stories are all legit. I personally don't care if SVO is telling the truth or not, he makes great reading for me lol.

Comment

have you done any work to the .41mag I sold you?
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      have you done any work to the .41mag I sold you?
                      I did a trigger job and found a pet load for it. One day I may put a different rear sight on it.

Comment

Can you tell us if there really was any collusion between Trump and Russia? You could save the tax payers a bunch of money and kill CNN at the same time.

Comment

Colluding with someone during a campaign is not against the law. I colluded with the Trump campaign by donating money to it and voting for him.

Comment

I did a trigger job and found a pet load for it. One day I may put a different rear sight on it.
                            Have you seen the Bowen Rough Country rear sight?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Have you seen the Bowen Rough Country rear sight?
                              Sort of. I picked up an older N frame and believe that is what came on it. It is what I had in mind for the .41. LPA also makes a sight that I want to try out.

Comment

Yes SVO is entertaining.

The problem with a lot of his stories though is he has no proof and disproving them is impossible. He can’t prove, but you can’t disprove it... it all adds up to nothing and nothing says something like nothing.

Let’s look a little more into his clapped out IMSA RX-7 wreck. In the 80S (30 yrs ago per story: 1988), I went to a lot of races since dad was a crew chief for a real race car driver.... Anyway IMSA GTU was dominated by the RX7s from 79 until the demise of IMSA in the 90s. BTW 1st gen RX7s were made from 79 to 85. 2nd gen 86 to 91. Even in 88, a 1st gen IMSA RX could’ve easily and most likely would’ve been rebodied. Chassis design would’ve easily allowed it.

It’s highly unlikely that some teenager got his hands on a top of the line IMSA car that was all clapped out and wrecked it during the heyday of the sport. He has zero proof, but I can’t disprove it either.

My dads last official act in racing was to tow a car to the original builder in NC so that it could be restored and placed in the NASCAR hall of fame. I can tell you who drove it, why it’s important, how my dad became part of the story, how the car got back to NC, who the chassis builder is, and show you lots of photos of said car. Those are the details that make up a real story. Some of SVOs stories have details others just sound like the script of a most interesting man commercial. SVO should change his user name to “one time, at band camp.”
                                Last edited by AnthonyS; 04-20-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X