No announcement yet.

Homealone's 62 Ford Country Sedan Build Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After that I just buttoned a few more things up. Hooked up the clutch cable, installed the starter, and hooked up and adjusted the parking brake cables.

And the last thing I did before I put the tools away was try out a shifter boot. I wanted to use a stock one but the lower T-5 shifter was too high so I think I am going to use a Foxbody boot and I'll fab up a bezel for it.

Comment

• Great job! You are on track to making the GS on Saturday...

Comment

• We'll see. Experiencing the fallout of the T-5 swap.

Trans hangs lower, which required the crossmember to be modified which interfered with the exhaust. Not to mention the addition of the parking brake stuff is sandwiched in the middle of it all.

Some tweaking to required.

Comment

• Looks good man! You'll get that trans figured out easy enough. I'd check into a Mr Gasket shift boot and see if the chrome surround will fit the fox boot. If not a nice chunk of aluminum cut out to fit would look good
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
            Looks good man! You'll get that trans figured out easy enough. I'd check into a Mr Gasket shift boot and see if the chrome surround will fit the fox boot. If not a nice chunk of aluminum cut out to fit would look good
            Thanks. I've got it pretty much figured out. When I first set this up I took the time to make sure everything was above the frame rails for clearance. My exhaust will have to sag a little now. Oh well.

I perfer not to have a square bezel in there and was lucky enough to find an oval one for a jeep that will probably work. Cool Cat is nice enough to bring me one from work.

I had to order new exhaust hangers and they will be in today so I can get the exhaust all buttoned up. Then I can remove all the Auto stuff and put this thing back on the ground.

Comment

• Fired it up today and ran it through the gears.

Few bugs to work out.

Starter drags
              Throw out bearing squeaks
              Fan hits fan shroud
              E-brake cables hit the driveshaft
              Speedo is intermittent

Comment

• Nice work so far man. You definitely get it done faster than me. I always overthink things when actual work could be being done.

Comment

• Not too much progress. I've been dealing with gremlins.

I have lost count on how many times the transmission has had to come out.

I modified the crossmember only to produce a 10 degree driveline angle so I ended you cutting a larger hole to raise the trans higher. This solved the majority of my interference problems.

Made a bonehead move. I forgot to swap the speedo drive gear from a 8 to 7 tooth.

Then I had a pressure plate that wasn't concentric. Replaced that.

Bought/made a couple of starter shims.

Speedo drive gears

Starter shims. 1 store bought, 1 fabricated.

I found a 69 Mustang boot and bezel in my parts bin so I put that to use.

And a few extras. New glove box. Now I have a place for my hard candy and potted meat.

Comment

• Tunes and front speakers for now. Anything is better than my singing.

Speaker plate, Tools of choice, Air nibbler and shear.

Comment

• And once again, together just in time for the Good Guys Spring Nationals.

One good thing about this guy, you rinse it off, vacuum the carpet and its ready to go.

No polishing paint, chrome, aluminum, etc.

It gives me more time to focus on the essentials. Packing the cooler with snacks and beverages!

Comment

• I didn't go. With rain / bad weather. Plus I got my brakes finished mid Saturday.Hope you had fun.
                        2009 Mustang GT
                        1972 Country Squire

Comment

• Originally posted by slowbrick2 View Post
                          I didn't go. With rain / bad weather. Plus I got my brakes finished mid Saturday.Hope you had fun.
                          Even with the rain it was still a good time. October will be here soon enough with the Fall event.

As for your brakes, mine was still on jack stands and in pieces Thursday night. haha!

Comment

• this build motivated me to get insurance on my fairlane again, very nice work man
                            -Blaine

Comment

• Very nice work! The 18s look good too.
                              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• This makes me want to get back to my 63 Fairlane. I need to some new parts for my Granada disc swap, put it on, new front tires, and alignment.
                                68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                                63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                                i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Working...
                                X