Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady Critical Defense

Comment

federal premium defense in mine, but i think they're in part to blame for why my mag won't capture 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        So for those of you that are carrying a .380, what do you have it loaded with?
        While it isn't my EVERYDAY carry gun, when I do carry it generally have it loaded with Federal Premium low recoil Hydra-shok 90 grain. Read great reviews of Hydra-shok or Hornady Critical defense..I've put both thru it with no issues. I've also shot Winchester Elite 95 grn with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          So for those of you that are carrying a .380, what do you have it loaded with?
          Gold Dot 90gr in mine.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

So the reason I was asking about ammo choices is that what I've been reading is that HP ammo doesn't penetrate deep enough to meet FBI standards and that FMJ is recommended. Common thought is to load your handgun with good HP ammo but because the velocity of the .380's is so low, that when they expand and they are going so slow they fail to penetrate very deeply.

Anyway just some food for thought and curious if anyone has heard anything similar. The LCP really surprised me as to how small it was. Just not sure if I have any situations that I could use it.

Comment

Just an FYI for anyone looking for a deal...Academy has the LCP 2 BNIB right now for $219.99 with a 6rd mag, flat baseplate and pinky extension and a pocket holster (basically a Sticky holster). Out the door price was under $240...which is by the way about 80 dollars cheaper than anyone at the Dallas gun show which sucked btw. Anyone wanna buy a Kel-Tec P-3/AT

Comment

Put about 100 rounds through my LCP2 and love it! Has a nice kick and pop is minimal
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I had a Keltec .380 (P3AT) for a while and it would not deal with JHP stuff. The feed ramp was so steep that anything without a nice rounded FMJ tip would just jam up against the ramp and not let it go into battery.

Do any of the other subcompact .380s have that issue, or is it a Keltec thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    I had a Keltec .380 (P3AT) for a while and it would not deal with JHP stuff. The feed ramp was so steep that anything without a nice rounded FMJ tip would just jam up against the ramp and not let it go into battery.

Do any of the other subcompact .380s have that issue, or is it a Keltec thing?
                    I polished the feed ramp on my p3at and that issue went away. Keeping it well lubed helps also. What ammo are you using? Mine ate Federal Hydra-shok and Hornady Xtp quite well. I did sell it after thanksgiving because I got a smoking deal on the LCP2, but I still think the P3at is a good gun.

Comment

Working...
                    X