• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Just picked up this .357
    i'm jelly.

Comment

I wanted to mention that I took a two day handgun class last week where one of the instructors was shooting a couple of different revolvers.

Speed and accuracy wise, he was right there with us. And I was also surprised at how fast he was at reloading it as we were a lot of timed shooting and reloading drills.

Both were S&W but the one he was shooting on the first day was a .45 ACP revolver with moon clips. Never got around to asking him if he had any work done to the triggers but they were pretty smooth and I was impressed at well he shot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I wanted to mention that I took a two day handgun class last week where one of the instructors was shooting a couple of different revolvers.

Speed and accuracy wise, he was right there with us. And I was also surprised at how fast he was at reloading it as we were a lot of timed shooting and reloading drills.

Both were S&W but the one he was shooting on the first day was a .45 ACP revolver with moon clips. Never got around to asking him if he had any work done to the triggers but they were pretty smooth and I was impressed at well he shot it.
        You can get good with practice
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          You can get good with practice
          While I certainly agree with practice being the major force in improving, I don't think any amount of practice will make a person Miculek good.

That being said, doing speed drills where you are firing off 6 round strings, reloading, and firing off another 6 rounds is not something a person can practice at a normal gun range. Which was one of the reasons why I wanted to take the class. With Lone Star not being an option anymore, I'm going to have to explore other options that allow me to practice like this.

Comment

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 38 Crimson Trace 1.9in 38 Special Matte Black 5rd - $309.99 shipped w/code "M8Y"
            WRX

Comment

I’m often tempted to get an S&W wheel gun in 357 mag, but I can never decide exactly what to get. I’m not really familiar with revolvers so input would be appreciated.

Comment

I have had a pair of S&W 686 revolvers, one with a 2 1/2” barrel and the other with a 4” barrel, for the better part of two decades. Like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  I have had a pair of S&W 686 revolvers, one with a 2 1/2” barrel and the other with a 4” barrel, for the better part of two decades. Like them both.
                  I’ve been leaning towards the 686, but can’t decide any barrel length. I mostly shoot semiautos in the 4” to 5”range. Any comment on how barrel length affects balance, muzzle flip, or recoil?

Comment

Balance is fine with both in my opinion, but felt recoil is of course greater with the 2 1/2 inch. I shoot a lot of .38 spl through them at the range, but always include some .357 rounds at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Balance is fine with both in my opinion, but felt recoil is of course greater with the 2 1/2 inch. I shoot a lot of .38 spl through them at the range, but always include some .357 rounds at the end.
                      I usually shoot some +p loads in my semis at the end too. I also encourage others to as well. Range ammo and what you carry for defense are vastly different.

Comment

Working...
                      X