Red River MX/ATV group ride- Sept 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    We would have ridden with y'all some but we would have not been able to keep up with y'all. We had one guy in our group who we had to stop and wait for every few minutes or split in the trail. I swear he just let the bike idle him through the trails.
    I didn't have any problem keepin up on the big DRZ...although the thick sand down in the river was not my preferred place to be. I need a new set of knobbies (especially the rear).

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      I didn't have any problem keepin up on the big DRZ...although the thick sand down in the river was not my preferred place to be. I need a new set of knobbies (especially the rear).
      Myself, my wife and two others in the group would have been able to keep up most likely. There was one guy that was in our group that could not keep up and since he was with us he is kind of our responsibility.

I am looking for new tires for mine as well.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

did anyone get a picture of the big ass ford with 60" tires?
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
          None of us had a camera.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

None of us had a camera.

i think somebody pulled out their phone when he left

Comment

With all the times you have ridden out there.... have you ever topped a hill at the same time someone else topped it from the other direction?
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

With all the times you have ridden out there.... have you ever topped a hill at the same time someone else topped it from the other direction?
                I have come across people coming down a hill that I'm trying to go up, or vice versa.

BTW, did anyone else see the two Lambos and the GTR that sped by on the road in front of RRMT on Sunday?

Comment

x2 I was kinda wondering the same thing as the trails there don't seem to be marked very well. It did happen to me a couple times but luckily neither of us were going very fast so it was no problem.

Comment

Wish I could have made it out. A buddy is planning on going in a couple weeks the 14-16 I think, gonna try to make it out then if anyone else wants to join in..

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      x2 I was kinda wondering the same thing as the trails there don't seem to be marked very well. It did happen to me a couple times but luckily neither of us were going very fast so it was no problem.
                      The unmarked trails kind of makes it fun though. The challenge of trying to find your way out or taking a trail and not knowing how hard it will be is what makes this enjoyable.

It would suck to have a serious break down out there somewhere. Some of the trails we found would be almost impossible to pull someone out of and back to camp. If you ever had to leave your bike on a trail and come back for it... good luck finding it haha.
                      Last edited by mustangguy289; 09-27-2011, 09:06 AM.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

There are very few places that will mark the trails and maintain them. Trophy club, dust 2 dust and crossbar are the public ones that I know of. And then stone creek in bells,tx. Almost every other place is wide open.

Sent from the last stall on the left

Comment

There are very few places that will mark the trails and maintain them. Trophy club, dust 2 dust and crossbar are the public ones that I know of. And then stone creek in bells,tx. Almost every other place is wide open.

I would imagine those places get boring pretty quick.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I would imagine those places get boring pretty quick.
                            Trophy club=sucks balls
                            Dust2dust=not too bad
                            Stone creek=I hear pretty cool, bikes only . But you have to be a member.

Comment

Trophy club=sucks balls
                              Dust2dust=not too bad
                              Stone creek=I hear pretty cool, bikes only . But you have to be a member.

Oh , and crossbar is cool, but very rocky.

Comment

found it online...
                                http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=36274

Comment

Working...
                                X