Suicide Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    I mean, yeah, but it isn't like I am seeing any of that going into my account.

Like I said, maybe I am just getting pickier and pickier or maybe I am just burnt out of superhero films.
    It's a big Marvel group like the Avengers, and it all ties in to the Infinity Gauntlet stuff. They had to do it, to continue the story arc of Thanos's attempts at conquering the universe.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      It's a big Marvel group like the Avengers, and it all ties in to the Infinity Gauntlet stuff. They had to do it, to continue the story arc of Thanos's attempts at conquering the universe.
      This movie could have not had anything to do with the infinity gem arc that marvel is working on, and it still would have been a great movie by itself. Saying they "had" to do it is like implying "we know it's going to suck, but we need it to make the story go." I think they knew they had a winner on their hands from the start.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        This movie could have not had anything to do with the infinity gem arc that marvel is working on, and it still would have been a great movie by itself. Saying they "had" to do it is like implying "we know it's going to suck, but we need it to make the story go." I think they knew they had a winner on their hands from the start.
        Fair point, but I'll clarify. If they hadn't included at least one Guardians movie, they would have been doing the material and the fans a disservice.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the trailer for Suicide Squad. I want it to be good. I want to like it. But it really didn't grab my attention.

Guardians was great. It was fun and enjoyable.

I was never really into comics as a kid, but that has started to change. I thoroughly enjoy the movies, and have started picking up some older comic books as well. I have a few hundred that are technically for sale at my shop, and am reading through some of them, saving some of them, as I go.

Comment

joker questions....
            I have been reading the theories that Jared Letos joker is jason todd. It kind of goes with all the writing on the wall in the two movie trailers, but if that is the case, where is the real joker? Wouldn't Bman know it wasn't the real joker, or is there some comic arc i am missing?

Comment

Just watched The Suicide Squad trailer and realized at the end, Jared Leto paid tribute to Jack Nicholson's character in The Shinning. He also played The Joker in Tim Burton's Batman. Mothereffing mind blown.....Can't wait for this movie to come out next year.
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                joker questions....
                I have been reading the theories that Jared Letos joker is jason todd. It kind of goes with all the writing on the wall in the two movie trailers, but if that is the case, where is the real joker? Wouldn't Bman know it wasn't the real joker, or is there some comic arc i am missing?
                This was confirmed to be not true a few months ago. It's a stupid theory created by some reddit fan boy.
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Man I'm really stoked for this.

Comment

Dude, I have been on the fence till that preview. I am sold lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                      Dude, I have been on the fence till that preview. I am sold lol.
                      Same. Aside from Batman, DC is on shaky ground with movies. BvsS looks kinda bad to me (Man of Steel sucked out loud), but this has potential.

Comment

So I am glad they didn't give the movie away, just a bunch of action shots...but who are they fighting? Some weird alien?

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

the only movie I'm actually interested in watching this summer

_

Comment

It looks fantastic. If the movie is half as good as the blitz trailer it will be well worth admission.
                              Last edited by sc281; 07-18-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

According to Rotten Tomatoes, this thing is getting slammed (33%) almost as bad as BvS (27%).

Poor DC, they can't make a decent movie if Chris Nolan isn't behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X