Star Wars: Spoiler Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    I see your point. I think what had happened is they tried to fit a lot more of the story into one movie. That's why they had to just drop old characters in, accelerate the girl's own learning abilities, just have the lost pilot show back up in a battle, no mystery behind Han and Leia's brat, etc.

But you also have to realize that we are in a different time and they are dealing with a different audience. Today, people demand now. We can get answers, information and directions within seconds. Most of the population are used to it. They wouldn't be able to sit through a real story. The only reason we still have new Star Wars fans is because it has become a cult classic. You can see that most of the crap made today is just action scene after action scene with a little vague, cookie-cutter plot to tie them together. Stories end when one action scene finally has a loser, or The Rock says it's over.

This was a very good mix between Episode 4-6 style and the new Transformers movies. I can dig it and understand why it was made this way. I guess I'm so happy that it wasn't just another Episode 1-3.
    You get what I am saying, parts of the movie felt like the ending of episode 3 where Vader was created and they revealed the Death Star in 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Broncojohnny; 12-19-2015, 09:15 AM.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Yes, but they probably just had some skilled union plumbers from Richardson to throw it together real quick.
      but they can weld!

Comment

One of my other problems with the whole series of movies is the complete lack of recognition Vader gets for being incompetent as shit. I mean obviously he was borderline retarded in episodes I-III. I think the horrible lines of the character weren't to be blamed for the shitty lines, Lucas was actually trying to convey that Anakin was a whiney pussy who went around leg humping Natalie Portman.

Then when he becomes Darth Vader he is just as retarded. He lets the rebels have the Death Star plans, they blow it up. He can't get them on Hoth. He can't get them in the asteroid belt. He can't manage to kill or capture Luke in their first lightsaber duel. He gets his ass kicked and then killed during their second lightsaber duel after he figures out how fucking stupid he was all along for believing the Emperor's bullshit.

Now this new guy wants to "continue his work".
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

it's that typical, my dad's the greatest smuggler this side of Coruscant, and loves his Wookie more than me, I'll show him who should be sitting copilot in the Falcon!

Comment

Yes, but they probably just had some skilled union plumbers from Richardson to throw it together real quick.
            Muthufucker, that was funny!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              it's that typical, my dad's the greatest smuggler this side of Coruscant, and loves his Wookie more than me, I'll show him who should be sitting copilot in the Falcon!
              Daddy issues. I'll show him, I'll join up with this scarred up guy who runs the Empire light.

In all seriousness, I thought the part of Kylo Ren was miscast although that dude is a marine. It was ok until he took the mask off and then he looked like some kid you'd see working at Sam Goody.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Daddy issues. I'll show him, I'll join up with this scarred up guy who runs the Empire light.

In all seriousness, I thought the part of Kylo Ren was miscast although that dude is a marine. It was ok until he took the mask off and then he looked like some kid you'd see working at Sam Goody.
                Haha! Good description!

Comment

Was anyone else a little upset that Kylo removed his helmet so soon and easily. I know he was conflicted with his darkness stuff, but still seemed too easy. I did however love it when he threw his fits.
                  Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                    Was anyone else a little upset that Kylo removed his helmet so soon and easily. I know he was conflicted with his darkness stuff, but still seemed too easy. I did however love it when he threw his fits.
                    I was cool with it. That scene would have been boring if you couldn't see the shift in power between the two as Ren got one over on him.

Comment

I'm just going to go ahead and call it that Rey is Luke's daughter. I speculate that her mother was killed by Ben Solo when he killed the other padawans. For some reason Luke decided that Rey would be better off hidden away on Jakku. He left her with Max Von Sydow's character and gave him the last peice of the map knowing that R2 had the rest of the map.

Comment

I wonder why Han and Leia named their son Ben? In the legends universe, Luke names his son Ben. But Leia and Han didn't have the connection with Kenobi that Luke did. Obviously I'm getting nitpick nerdy here but I wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post

Upset? No. I do think it would have been vastly better if he had left it on until his confrontation with Han.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            I'm just going to go ahead and call it that Rey is Luke's daughter. I speculate that her mother was killed by Ben Solo when he killed the other padawans. For some reason Luke decided that Rey would be better off hidden away on Jakku. He left her with Max Von Sydow's character and gave him the last peice of the map knowing that R2 had the rest of the map.

Gotta agree on Rey being Lukes. Her reaction with touching the lightsaber, and Luke just standing there makes me think that.
                            Some cars and a bike...

Comment

Who all said Han is gonna die when he went after his son? I figured a original cast member was going to die, and he seemed to be the best fit.
                              Some cars and a bike...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                I think it was pretty clear in the flashback that she is Luke's daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X