300 HAMr round looks legit AF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
    I finally found their sales website and see where all of the individual components are for sale.

My goal is to build a capable hog / predator rifle in the overplayed ar platform. I have been doing tons of
    looking around and had decided that 308 was the ticket but was not really enthused about the ar10 platform.
    This seems to be close enough and I already have spare parts to almost build the rifle besides the barrel and
    ammo. Any reason I shouldn't give it a go besides the ammo being a little higher than normal shit?
    Seriously the 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC is the easy button. Just a barrel, bolt face, and mag swap. Ammo is commercially available and excellent. I personally load my own and shoot 130 gr. projectiles (Sierra, Barnes, and Hornady) on deer and hogs. Everything I've shot has been DRT. Performance in nearly 25.06/270 range. I not sure how much better this round is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
      Seriously the 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC is the easy button. Just a barrel, bolt face, and mag swap. Ammo is commercially available and excellent. I personally load my own and shoot 130 gr. projectiles (Sierra, Barnes, and Hornady) on deer and hogs. Everything I've shot has been DRT. Performance in nearly 25.06/270 range. I not sure how much better this round is going to be.
      Too late, I ordered some parts already, lol. I'm a big fan of parts interchangeability and the fact that the rifle will only be a barrels difference is appealing to me. Same mags, same bcg, etc... I know its new and is considered by the catch phrase a "boutique round" but I'm bored and wouldn't mind dropping down the rabbit hole of playing with a new round. I've wasted more $$$ on less before.

Comment

Too late, I ordered some parts already, lol. I'm a big fan of parts interchangeability and the fact that the rifle will only be a barrels difference is appealing to me. Same mags, same bcg, etc... I know its new and is considered by the catch phrase a "boutique round" but I'm bored and wouldn't mind dropping down the rabbit hole of playing with a new round. I've wasted more $$$ on less before.
        Keep us all informed on how this plays out. I’ve been thinking aero M5e1 for 6.5 creedmoor or 308, but this is interesting.

Comment

I finally found their sales website and see where all of the individual components are for sale.

My goal is to build a capable hog / predator rifle in the overplayed ar platform. I have been doing tons of
          looking around and had decided that 308 was the ticket but was not really enthused about the ar10 platform.
          This seems to be close enough and I already have spare parts to almost build the rifle besides the barrel and
          ammo. Any reason I shouldn't give it a go besides the ammo being a little higher than normal shit?
          Have you considered 6.8spc?
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            Have you considered 6.8spc?
            That round is hot garbage.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Some ammo rolled in. Sitting next to a 220gn. 300blk sub.

Casings are new with their stamp on them.

Comment

Wow, way bigger brass difference than I expected. I'll have to look into it, as I basically have all I need to finish another rifle except the barrel nut forward.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  That round is hot garbage.
                  Not garbage. I am shooting a 130 gr. Nosler Accubonds at @ 2500 fps out of my 20" barrel. That's almost the same performance I get out of my .270 with Remington Core Lokt 130 gr. hunting ammo. (yeah - I know Remington says they are rated at 3,00 fps - but good luck actually getting that)

While not quite the performance of the 300 HAMR, it is a viable hunting round in a standard AR15 platform.

Comment

Working...
                  X