• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    Any phone with dual sim card slots!!!!
    Something most will never need.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm using a S20+ and love it. I would still be using an S10 but the screen glass did not appreciate being pressed between a few hundred pounds and a wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Something most will never need.
        I would, if there was not so much to watch for as far a which services are being used.

Comment

She has made it two more months! Now at aroundddddd 29 percent battery life it takes a shit. I mean I can't complain about 5 years but I just can't decide on a replacement. My buddy changes phones every year but I just don't use them for that much. Talk, Text and pics occasionally. No facebook, twitter or tick tock bullshit. Been a couple of years now and still don't miss it. Only apps I use are Strava and my bank. I like the 4a idea but I want water proof. I might put a game on there every now and then. That shit is a epic waste of time also. I think I am getting a A71 for my new gig and I have read good reviews on them.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That cat one that can see heat. Don't know if it's the best but it's the one I want. Hopefully it's got an unlocked boot loader.

Think of it man! An IR temp camera. Like the predator! Cool!
            WH

Comment

I'm lookin at the Pixel 5 that's about to drop. There's nothing wrong with my current phone, but I do want a water resistant rating considering we're coming into the wet weather months up here and I intend to ride my MTB regardless.

Comment

I'm still liking my Pixel 3 XL, though to be honest, the XL part is getting a little long in the tooth. Next time around I'll probably go to a smaller model. That said, I usually go 2.5 - 3 years between phone changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  I'm lookin at the Pixel 5 that's about to drop. There's nothing wrong with my current phone, but I do want a water resistant rating considering we're coming into the wet weather months up here and I intend to ride my MTB regardless.
                  Does the 3a not have the same rating as the 3xl? I believe the 3XL is supposed to be able to stand in 1.5 meters of water up to 30 minutes.

Comment

Still rocking my Moto Edge+, best phone I've ever owned. Great screen, nice size, water resistant, Gorilla glass 5, 5000ah battery with the smart battery minders on it will last two to three days on one charge. I don't social media at all, most everything I do is talk, text internet in that order. No 5G cell towers up here in Collin County yet, but 4G still flies for what I need. I think they dropped the price to $799.00 now, its got everything Samsung, LG and the other similar phones and cheaper too.

I bought the Otter Box clear half cover and a Defender Screen protector. I haven't dropped it yet, but I have fumbled it off the couch a couple of times.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Does the 3a not have the same rating as the 3xl? I believe the 3XL is supposed to be able to stand in 1.5 meters of water up to 30 minutes.
                      Nope, the a(budget line) aren't incursion rated for anything.

Comment

I'm still quite satisfied with my Craigslist Galaxy S8. I'd rather spend $150 every 2 or 3 years to get a good enough phone and spend the rest of my money on more important things like scotch or weekend motorcycle trips, ammo, guns, etc. I haven't noticed any major advancements in phones since about the Galaxy S5 other than wireless charging, semi-waterproofing and slightly faster processors. The camera in my S6 was quite adequate for daily life. It takes a lot to impress me these days...and new top end phones are now costing about a thousand bucks. Not worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          I'm still liking my Pixel 3 XL, though to be honest, the XL part is getting a little long in the tooth. Next time around I'll probably go to a smaller model. That said, I usually go 2.5 - 3 years between phone changes.
                          I was just eyeballing specs the other day and just because it doesn't say XL now doesn't mean they are smaller. I think half the new phones are bigger than my XL. Really they should all be way better from 5 years ago.

The 3XL had been one of my top pics for a year but it won't drop in price. Hell it is 200 behind the 128 mb 4 XL. I am going to try and wait two days and see what Google is dropping, I think the boss man said my new phone is in so as long as people can reach me at work we are good. Hmmm, maybe cell phone free for a bit! I honestly don't care about all the super extras I just want one that has quality reception and will get me through the next 4 years.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            New iPhone SE 128gb is 449 that’s a pretty good deal it uses the chip from iPhone 11
                            This is what I will be replacing my 8 with soon, I hate the big screens and I'm not willing to give up my home button.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                              This is what I will be replacing my 8 with soon, I hate the big screens and I'm not willing to give up my home button.
                              It truly is the best phone for the money, especially if you prefer a smaller device.

Comment

You would think with tech being where it is now shit would work right. I know it was a factory refurb but for 600.00 at the time you would think a new 4 xl Pixel would work right. Just like this laptop I have. It was no slouch when I bought it a few years ago, now it won't shut down right and I haven't owned it a real long time, maybe three years. Solid state hard drive, ge force GTX graphics card, and a big FU. I don't mind paying a little extra but I expect shit to work right for a bit.

I really have been tempted to try apple. My wife wrecked android phone after phone, switched to apple and has never complained once. That was 7 or 8 years ago.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X