No announcement yet.

2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My yard has done really well this year, between the heavy rains of the spring, using a local made fertilizer (similar to PGF Complete) and working from home for a while so i had more time to tend to it. I'm now fighting against the grass burning up due to no significant rain in a long time. Would using fertilizer now help keep the grass going strong for the remainder of the season?

Comment

• Fert after you get water stabilized, otherwise you'll just burn it worse.

Comment

• Low nitrogen and organic is a good idea during hotter months

Try milorganite. It’s got iron too and will make your yard a darker green
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I think I needs that, but I also think I need to aerate because our grass is SO dense. I want to get that deep, dark green without burning. I'd considered Ironite, but I might should test the soil pH and make sure I've under control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I think I needs that, but I also think I need to aerate because our grass is SO dense. I want to get that deep, dark green without burning. I'd considered Ironite, but I might should test the soil pH and make sure I've under control.
            I follow some lawn forums and there isn’t a lot of love for ironite. But it’s cheap enough and worth a try
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Ironite works great, just blow or sweep off of concrete or it will stain it and you driveway walk way will look like shit...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Check your yards for armyworms!! I am in Greenville, hopefully they aren't as wide spread as they were a few years ago. I have lost about 40% of my good bermuda in the back yard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Check your yards for armyworms!! I am in Greenville, hopefully they aren't as wide spread as they were a few years ago. I have lost about 40% of my good bermuda in the back yard.

I throw down insecticide 3-4x a year
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I throw down insecticide 3-4x a year
                    I typically spray Cutter backyard spray to control mosquitos, but it has been a while. :/ It got a healthy dose this morning and they seem to be gone.

Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Check your yards for armyworms!! I am in Greenville, hopefully they aren't as wide spread as they were a few years ago. I have lost about 40% of my good bermuda in the back yard.

I had them real bad two years ago, they even found their way inside my locked truck. I’ve been in this house since 05, and that is the only time I had them.

Comment

I follow some lawn forums and there isn’t a lot of love for ironite. But it’s cheap enough and worth a try
                        I ended up using this, and so far, it seems to be bringing the green out.

Comment

• This is 2 or 3 weeks after application. The brown spots are a grass type that's not tolerant of full sun and will come back soon since we're getting to the cooler and wetter time of year here.

Comment

• If you’re in dfw and you haven’t already it’s time for pre emergent
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you’re in dfw and you haven’t already it’s time for pre emergent
                              I'm gonna cheat and ask what are ya using for st. Augustine grass. I have been taking care of my 90 year old neighbor's grass and want to treat for winter. I have not dealt with pre emergent or with much weeds. His yard has some type of big weeds like crab grass type. He also has a bare spot that won't grow grass

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                                I'm gonna cheat and ask what are ya using for st. Augustine grass. I have been taking care of my 90 year old neighbor's grass and want to treat for winter. I have not dealt with pre emergent or with much weeds. His yard has some type of big weeds like crab grass type. He also has a bare spot that won't grow grass
                                I like prodiamine but you can’t get it at Home Depot..

Scott’s crabgrass preventer is decent and available just about everywhere.. if you wanna go a little cheaper you can buy this..

Just make sure it’s in stock near you
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X