Tesla Cybertruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I'm no Engineer, but just eyeballing that thing I can't believe it would remotely pass a crash test.
    I was thinking the same thing, that being said I really like a lot of the concept. Its a truck, it's about function, you can go climb the thing up a mountain like no other with the torque and bulletproof body, ah man drug it against some rocks, no big deal.

Elon's zero fucks given rough, around the edges quirks are fantastic, and the drive/balls to go for it with stuff no one else had the guts to do.

I've had my model 3 performance for a year, 20,000 miles, no issues, I can't imagine having anything else at this point, except maybe a truck like this, the production version will look better I bet.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Comment

Tesla looks so much cooler than the fakestang soccer mom thing. I don't want it, but it still looks better.

Weird, sci fi esque sharp angled thing

VS

Blob so ubiquitous that it could be anything. Even just one of those futuristic looking tents.
        WH

Comment

Tesla is the iPhone in 2007..

But ugly. :/

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

It looks a little bit better in matte black. Looks a lot like an F117 at that point.

There are a lot of details they didn’t show in the demo and that was a mistake. The cargo bed is very well done for cargo management with all sorts of options. There is also a trunk under the truck bed, similar to the Honda Ridgeline. Of course it has a frunk as well.

The downsides I see are the very high sidewalls for the bed, making it difficult to put cargo in over the side. Additionally, the bed appears to be tied into the main cab. That is going to make for a rougher ride when hauling heavy cargo. Honda learned that with the 1st gen Ridgeline. The 2nd gen is still a unibody but they found a way to separate the cargo bed and the cab.

I’m a bit skeptical of the performance specs at the given price. How is Tesla going to get 500mi of range for less money than the cheapest Model S. It also gets more range that the most expensive Model S. The cost per mile of range is lower than anything ever built. If that holds up then the automotive world just changed in a huge way. The price for the 500mi triple motor is very much in line with one ton pickups in the market. Frankly, it’s pretty much a bargain.

I’ll admit, I’d love to try an overlanding trip in this. Maybe I’ll like it more when I see it in person.

Comment

Looks like the probe on back to the future....at first I thought it was a joke...
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

If these OEMs want us to take EV seriously, they're gonna have to cease the proprietary charging setups and standardize it like gas stations are done
                  Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-03-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I like how there is tons of bragging about 250,000 pre-orders for the truck already. Pre-orders are just a refundable deposit of 100 dollars, so i find that entirely inflated into real buyers.

Also, i'll believe the specs on the real truck when i see it. Just like how Elon promised us the Model Y and the Tesla Semi by 2019, and here we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X