No announcement yet.

MM&FF, Mustang Monthly, Car Craft and more: Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree that Car Craft while under Freiburger, and Matt King absolutely rocked . Junkyard builds, down in the dirt DIY stories about building a car on a budget.

Comment

At least Hagarty has a car magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
        I totally agree that Car Craft while under Freiburger, and Matt King absolutely rocked . Junkyard builds, down in the dirt DIY stories about building a car on a budget.
        True. CarCraft was my SHIT, and when DF was running the show it was the best. An article in CC was the main reason I bought my malibu, and I bought the exact same wheels and caps that were on the car in the article.

Edit:https://www.hotrod.com/articles/affordable-supercars/
        Heres the article. In google it says "story courtesy of Car Craft". Hell I even had my exhaust exit just like this cars.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Magazines are the ultimate bathroom reading material, and why I have subscriptions to at least three right now (fortunately only one is by TEN Publications)..

I was really bummed to see that 4-Wheel & Off-Road was on the list, as trying to get my van into it (especially on the cover) was one of the motivators of building it in time for Easter Jeep Safari.

@Sgt Beavis - Wondering the same. I think I'm paid up for almost 2 years still.. It does sound like they will keep creating digital content though, so maybe it will transfer over or something:

Update, 7 p.m.: Jalopnik has learned that digital coverage for the shuttered print titles will continue.

Here’s more from the memo via Folio Mag:

“It was announced today that TEN Publishing will discontinue publishing 19 of its 22 automotive print titles by the end of the year,” wrote MotorTrend Group president and GM Alex Wellen in the memo. “I know this is difficult news, but I want to assure you that we remain committed to you and your pursuit to deliver quality automotive storytelling and journalism across all of our content platforms.”

MotorTrend Group, a joint venture formed in 2017 and majority owned by Discovery, Inc., comprises the digital and video businesses of the company formerly known as The Enthusiast Network, whereas TEN Publishing controls those brands’ print magazines. Under a licensing agreement, MotorTrend Group provides editorial and ad sales support to TEN, producing content for both MotorTrend Group’s digital platforms and TEN’s magazines.

Comment

From what DF said on Instagram, Discovery tried to take care of the editors, but I think the rest of the staff kinda got hosed.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

I got the new Hot Rod in the mail today. 90 pages.

Comment

Working...
              X