No announcement yet.

Any Tesla owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not a huge fan of how mine looks either, there are just so many positives I went with it anyway. The 20 inch wheels really help in my opinion on how it looks.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I’m not a huge fan of how mine looks either, there are just so many positives I went with it anyway. The 20 inch wheels really help in my opinion on how it looks.
      It's really tough to come up with some of the more aesthetic designs when you're trying to squeeze out every last drop of efficiency. I was explaining to my wife why more high efficiency vehicles are going to look very similar because of the nature of streamlined shapes. You can already see that most of the compact to mid size crossovers are all converging towards the same profile.

Tesla has a very streamlined shape and they just scaled from the model S for the 3 and X. The 3 doesn't look nearly as bad as the X because it's actually still a car.

Even my f150 has some weird features to improve aero because of the emphasis in efficiency. Some of its neat to see...and some of it seems like a gimmick (f150 air curtains for example).

Comment

Finally got tired of paying $730/mo for fuel and $200/mo on tolls so I picked up a model 3 Standard Plus a couple of weeks ago. My commute is currently 80 miles one way so hopefully once I get the charge patterns down, I'll be set. It's definitely an adjustment not having gas stations at your disposal. If this was an "around town" commuter, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

I apologize in advance for the tiny pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          Finally got tired of paying $730/mo for fuel and $200/mo on tolls so I picked up a model 3 Standard Plus a couple of weeks ago. My commute is currently 80 miles one way so hopefully once I get the charge patterns down, I'll be set. It's definitely an adjustment not having gas stations at your disposal. If this was an "around town" commuter, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Congrats, 15k miles on mine and zero issues and I do 0-60 in 3.2 as much as possible lol.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm literally thinking of trading in the white mustang for one of these. A white model 3 sounds nice.

Comment

My brother in law bought a white model 3.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Congrats, 15k miles on mine and zero issues and I do 0-60 in 3.2 as much as possible lol.
                I have the Standard Range Plus so my 0-60 is 5.3. I noticed though that too many of these aggressive trips definitely shortens the battery supply. My current commute doesn't allow driving like this if I intend to make it to/from work on a single charge.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I'm literally thinking of trading in the white mustang for one of these. A white model 3 sounds nice.
                I don't regret it at all. A couple of "gotcha's" that I wasn't aware of prior to buying is that Tesla recommends charging at a max of 90% for daily recharges. So while advertised is 240 miles, 90% puts me at 210. Now factor in stop and go traffic and you won't realistically get that. This morning for example, left the house at 210 miles, arrived to work with 113 remaining. That's an 80 mile commute. Also factor in Sentry mode being activated and I'm down another 2 so far.

The moment you plan on biting the bullet, get your electrician to wire in a 10/30 or 14/30 outlet where ever you plan to charge it. That will get you about 22 miles/hr charged. A 14/50 outlet will get you 30 miles/hr charged. Also, order the appropriate adaptor ASAP cause it will take a week to arrive. Don't wait because the 110 adapter that the car comes with charges at a max of 5 miles/hr charged which has left me with letting it sit all weekend to fully charge.

Also, for anyone that's on the fence, if you use my referral code, then we'll both get 1000 free supercharger miles.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                My brother in law bought a white model 3.
                I thought this color was a good choice.
                Last edited by GeorgeG.; 09-09-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

So George, if you get the 14/30 it fully charges in around 6-8 hours, if you have to do this daily, whats your power bill up too?
                  Another question, are the public power stations free and also what do they use (10/30 or 14/30)?
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Cool car, absolutely horrible wheels. And how does an electric car help with tolls?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      Cool car, absolutely horrible wheels. And how does an electric car help with tolls?
                      I think he was making a point of how much his commute cost total. Unless the NTTA doesn't charge electric cars to use the tolls...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        So George, if you get the 14/30 it fully charges in around 6-8 hours, if you have to do this daily, whats your power bill up too?
                        Another question, are the public power stations free and also what do they use (10/30 or 14/30)?
                        I really have no idea since it's drawing from the meter and I haven't been in this current house long enough to know what I spent this time last year.

I'm still looking at the Tesla non-supercharger stations. I found one in McKinney at a hotel that's free but it must be a 110 charger cause it estimated 5mi/hr. so only useful if you're staying over night.

I've also downloaded the ChargePoint app. They have stations all over. One is free at Lute Riley Honda on lemmon ave and charges 30 miles an HR. Another is in Sherman that costs $2.00/hr and charges 30 miles an HR. So options are out there so you're not left stranded. I'm trying to get them all sorted out.

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I think he was making a point of how much his commute cost total. Unless the NTTA doesn't charge electric cars to use the tolls...
                        This. I was just mentioning what my total commute was before. I quit taking the tolls.

It's definitely a learning curve being that my daily commute practically depletes a full charge.

Comment

Buddy of mine here in Lake City has a Model X. It's quick, comfortable, and high-tech, but it's pretty ugly. He got all sorts of rebates, including a fat one from the state of CO, so it didn't cost him a fortune. He has one of the fancier charging stations at his house.

A couple of months ago, he had a flat going over Monarch Pass. No spare. He had to wait several hours for Tesla to send someone down from Denver. Ultimately it's his fault for not having a spare, but I don't think he even thought about it prior to that day.

Comment

I really have no idea since it's drawing from the meter and I haven't been in this current house long enough to know what I spent this time last year.

I'm still looking at the Tesla non-supercharger stations. I found one in McKinney at a hotel that's free but it must be a 110 charger cause it estimated 5mi/hr. so only useful if you're staying over night.

I've also downloaded the ChargePoint app. They have stations all over. One is free at Lute Riley Honda on lemmon ave and charges 30 miles an HR. Another is in Sherman that costs $2.00/hr and charges 30 miles an HR. So options are out there so you're not left stranded. I'm trying to get them all sorted out.

This. I was just mentioning what my total commute was before. I quit taking the tolls.

It's definitely a learning curve being that my daily commute practically depletes a full charge.
                            So it's basically the same as gas prices?

By the time electric cars become main stream...electric companies are going to find a way to charge more for charging electric cars. I'd imagine itll be something like surge pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              So it's basically the same as gas prices?

By the time electric cars become main stream...electric companies are going to find a way to charge more for charging electric cars. I'd imagine itll be something like surge pricing.
                              Doubtful. Public charging is generally a rip off compared to the price of gasoline, but charging at home can be less expensive than gasoline or even free depending on your service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                                Doubtful. Public charging is generally a rip off compared to the price of gasoline, but charging at home can be less expensive than gasoline or even free depending on your service provider.
                                And streaming services were going to save us a ton...

$2 for 30 miles is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X