No announcement yet.

Any Tesla owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That giant laptop screen in the center stack is asinine. That's not a distraction for a driver? Or, a younger inexperienced driver?

Odd, indeed.

You guys who like this I think it's cool and all, but its impractical and egregious gimmicky tech gadgetry is plain silly.

I'll take my 500 miles hwy. range per tank Hemi RAM over this nonsense any day. I can fill my tank in 10 minutes at Love's. You blokes have to do what, wait an hour for 24-36 mile charge. lol.

I'll say this on behalf of the coal and natural gas industrious. Go get those electric cars. When you plug in, you're burning coal. Thank you for all these people that will have continued job security with you electric folks.

If you want to have a giant and ridiculous screen in your center stack, then take a lesson from Mopar. They do it right and use aesthetic common sense by integrating it.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      I'll give em this much, they PS'd a half decent artist onto the infotainment system display.

Comment

lol, so angry. If you've paid attention, I have a 455ci carbed Buick, a 3/4 ton van with a 318, two 5.0l mustangs, and a turbo four cyl ranger. Replacing one of my mustangs with an electric car isn't going to hurt the gas station down the road from me let alone "save the planet". That's not at all why I want to move over to a Tesla. The reason I want one is the same reason I fly electric RC airplanes. Instant torque, flat power curves, and wild feel it in your guts acceleration. I also like the crazy quite ride, the self driving on the highway, the clean little 4 door price tag and the ability to not have to stop for gas on the way to work. This car gets 312 miles per roughly $11 charge, where as my mustang gets 300 miles per $50 to $60 fill up. With an EV I can drive my 40 to 80 miles a day that I average and just plug in to top off at night. I'll also be ditching my 8qt's of synthetic oil every few months, and oil filter. It's the perfect daily driver for me. I get that you don't want one but holy hell why do people get so worked up about someone elses car?

That giant laptop screen in the center stack is asinine. That's not a distraction for a driver? Or, a younger inexperienced driver?

Odd, indeed.

You guys who like this I think it's cool and all, but its impractical and egregious gimmicky tech gadgetry is plain silly.

I'll take my 500 miles hwy. range per tank Hemi RAM over this nonsense any day. I can fill my tank in 10 minutes at Love's. You blokes have to do what, wait an hour for 24-36 mile charge. lol.

I'll say this on behalf of the coal and natural gas industrious. Go get those electric cars. When you plug in, you're burning coal. Thank you for all these people that will have continued job security with you electric folks.

If you want to have a giant and ridiculous screen in your center stack, then take a lesson from Mopar. They do it right and use aesthetic common sense by integrating it.

Comment

What's funny is that he got so mad he compared a model 3 to a shitty dodge ram 1500.

Comment

Odd, indeed.

OK boomer...

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              lol, so angry. If you've paid attention, I have a 455ci carbed Buick, a 3/4 ton van with a 318, two 5.0l mustangs, and a turbo four cyl ranger. Replacing one of my mustangs with an electric car isn't going to hurt the gas station down the road from me let alone "save the planet". That's not at all why I want to move over to a Tesla. The reason I want one is the same reason I fly electric RC airplanes. Instant torque, flat power curves, and wild feel it in your guts acceleration. I also like the crazy quite ride, the self driving on the highway, the clean little 4 door price tag and the ability to not have to stop for gas on the way to work. This car gets 312 miles per roughly $11 charge, where as my mustang gets 300 miles per $50 to $60 fill up. With an EV I can drive my 40 to 80 miles a day that I average and just plug in to top off at night. I'll also be ditching my 8qt's of synthetic oil every few months, and oil filter. It's the perfect daily driver for me. I get that you don't want one but holy hell why do people get so worked up about someone elses car?
              Not angry, Matthew. I'm just from an older generation. It's hard to adapt. I would be the first person to say hey take me for a ride in your new Model 3. I just don't see how it's practical. That's probably because I on occasion takes some long hauls and pull cars and I don't see how electric would be viable. In fact, it wouldn't.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Certainly not an insult to anyone, but if you choose to see it that way. That's up to you.

Bless you, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                OK boomer...
                Not angry, Matthew. I'm just from an older generation. It's hard to adapt. I would be the first person to say hey take me for a ride in your new Model 3. I just don't see how it's practical. That's probably because I on occasion takes some long hauls and pull cars and I don't see how electric would be viable. In fact, it wouldn't.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Certainly not an insult to anyone, but if you choose to see it that way. That's up to you.

Bless you, friend.
                HAH I knew it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  What's funny is that he got so mad he compared a model 3 to a shitty dodge ram 1500.
                  Nothing "shitty" about a 4th Gen RAM. Have you owned one?

OK boomer...
                  Not a boomer, but 0 fucks given.

Comment

Bless you, friend.
                    It's totally practical for me and the way I drive. Also having a 4 door is going to be real nice. I still have gas cars, and if I need to make a trip where I won't be able to charge, I'll just take my other car. But as it is I don't haul trailers, I and I can't sit in a car for more than 300 miles without taking a piss brake or needing to walk around a bit.
                    What I thought I'd have a hard time with is the lack of sound, but turns out the motors do make sound and it sounds like the future! lol I haven't been pulled over in ages, but I'm thinking the Tesla (when I eventually get it) will land me in hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      It's totally practical for me and the way I drive. Also having a 4 door is going to be real nice. I still have gas cars, and if I need to make a trip where I won't be able to charge, I'll just take my other car. But as it is I don't haul trailers, I and I can't sit in a car for more than 300 miles without taking a piss brake or needing to walk around a bit.
                      What I thought I'd have a hard time with is the lack of sound, but turns out the motors do make sound and it sounds like the future! lol I haven't been pulled over in ages, but I'm thinking the Tesla (when I eventually get it) will land me in hot water.
                      That's cool. It's all good.

Comment

If you're a Gen Xer it's even more embarassing that you dont know how supercharge stations work.

If you're prior to a boomer then props on your ability to use a computer.

Comment

If you're a Gen Xer it's even more embarassing that you dont know how supercharge stations work.

If you're prior to a boomer then props on your ability to use a computer.
                          lol...

Yall mfers need to stop playing with my emotions. What do yall want me to do during the day? Work at work? Fuck that.

Comment

I would never own a piece of shit dodge ram.

Comment

Jus' Sayin' that Texas gets more power from WIND than from Coal. ERCOT says Texas gets 21.37% from coal and 21.78% from Wind. Wind is still on the increase and coal is still in decline. Natural gas is king at 43.93% Nuclear 11.33%, Hydro .4%. Solar is 1.1%.

So non nuclear renewables are 22.88%

They're still building more and more wind turbines. If I recall correctly, the US has already shut down more coal mines than it has opened since Trump made it easier for them. Coal is a dead man walkin' in the US and Nat Gas is the executioner.

Also, on the Ram's uConnect, which 'looks' phenominal. There is one problem. The uConnect software is utter garbage. At least it is on the 7 and 8.2" models. I'd have a hard time believing it's any better for the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                Jus' Sayin' that Texas gets more power from WIND than from Coal. ERCOT says Texas gets 21.37% from coal and 21.78% from Wind. Wind is still on the increase and coal is still in decline. Natural gas is king at 43.93% Nuclear 11.33%, Hydro .4%. Solar is 1.1%.

So non nuclear renewables are 22.88%

They're still building more and more wind turbines. If I recall correctly, the US has already shut down more coal mines than it has opened since Trump made it easier for them. Coal is a dead man walkin' in the US and Nat Gas is the executioner.
                                I understand your point, but Texas still burns a lot of coal and petrol.

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                                Also, on the Ram's uConnect, which 'looks' phenominal. There is one problem. The uConnect software is utter garbage. At least it is on the 7 and 8.2" models. I'd have a hard time believing it's any better for the big screen.
                                Speaking for myself. I've not had any issues with UConnect.

Comment

Working...
                                X