Shelf life of a banana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    That's what I do with avocados, buy them green and refrigerate them as soon as they reach my preferred degree of ripening.

Comment

For a small sum, ruffdiddy can perform a scientific startistical analysis on the issue and tell you all the key variables. Your bananas won't say any longer, but your wallet will be lighter and you'll be more confused after reading it.

Comment

Comment

Tags are good, but you guys can do better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Squeeze lime onto it

Comment

With threads like this, you can tell that the forum is starting to brown a bit as well.

Comment

We had Dole fruit as a tenant in a building in Poland. They use refrigerated ships to keep them green. Then they ripen them just before sending to retail. They had a whole banana ripening room and would bring them in green as hell, then pump CO2 into the room and also let the ethylene they give up build up, it would ripen them up really fast before shipping them off to the store.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Most of the bananas in my house go in to the blender for peanut butter smoothies for the kids (and dad). When they get turnt, I peel them and freeze them (ziplock) to add back to smoothies in lieu of ice.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

My grandma would put bananas in a paper bag then into the fridge. Yes they turn brown but the fruit stays good for at least twice as long.

The down side is, it's hard to find paper bags these days, and my wife won't eat bananas with brown skin.

Solution, we buy 2 bananas at a time.

Comment

All I can think of rights now ha!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        With threads like this, you can tell that the forum is starting to brown a bit as well.
                        Pretty much my sentiments as well...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                            Pretty much my sentiments as well...
                            I still find it a peeling.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              I still find it a peeling.

Comment

Man, that's so bad I gotta split.

Comment

Working...
                                X