No announcement yet.

Jackstand racing peeps???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has never been off the jack stands! Been gathering parts, buying and selling crap I dont need... then took a cut in pay... so its been nothing but uphill since I started thinking about a race car. I guess im not the typical dfwstangs/dfwmustangs baller.

Comment

mine keeps blowing up, costing me thousands of dollars. does that count? FML.

Comment

My ongoing project is an 88 Fiero that I have been installing a LS4 in since late 07. Look to wrap it up this coming year in Feb. or so but we will see.

Comment

It has been about a year for me. Cracked a piston and decided while it was down to just change the hole setup. New motor,complete fuel system+ stand alone for bigger nitrous system,t-5 to a c-4 change over, manual brake conversion,and suspension mods taking a while but it is gonna pay off in march! Hoping to have a cage in it to enter some 6.60 or 7.00 classes!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donnie90stang View Post
            Mine has never been off the jack stands! Been gathering parts, buying and selling crap I dont need... then took a cut in pay... so its been nothing but uphill since I started thinking about a race car. I guess im not the typical dfwstangs/dfwmustangs baller.
            X2 ON THAT! This is a hobby that is dictated by money even when you do most of the work your self!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              hopefully not too much longer, all i need is for Jet to give me one of his famous tunes and ill be off the stands, its been a loooong 2 years
              What was the deal with the oil pressure did you get it figured out?
              sigpic

Comment

PEEP SHOW...

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                  PEEP SHOW...
                  very nice. I hope I'm not down as long as you have been . lol

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                    very nice. I hope I'm not down as long as you have been . lol
                    THANKS,

I went one direction in the beginning, then was not happy with what i had done, lost interest for a few years, then got motivated again, started over and here i am nearing completion... still have a long way to go but am still motivated to get done so i hope to be running by feb!!!

Comment

Hell I don't even have jack stands anymore.

Comment

my jack stands are on jack stands

Comment

Originally posted by fordracer2 View Post
                          What was the deal with the oil pressure did you get it figured out?
                          sorry i forgot all about this thread, well after calling everyone (motor,pushrod,lifter) people and nobody could figure it out i took it to travis at GH and he said the lifters were sinking in too much due to a small base circle cam, so he grinded off a line from the oil band up to the oil hole on the side of the lifters.. work like a charm

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Going on 3 years for me now. I've got a full blown restoration taking up my garage so the race car is stored offsite. I haven't even started it for about a year and a half.

And money is an issue as well - when i do finish the resto i probably will not be racing again for quite a while. Got two kids college education to help pay for.

Comment

See...One nice thing about having a slow ass Mustang, It's always running because it doesn't make enough power to break itself. Well, I did thrash the stock 4R70W valve body, but I fixed that in less than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                                See...One nice thing about having a slow ass Mustang, It's always running because it doesn't make enough power to break itself. Well, I did thrash the stock 4R70W valve body, but I fixed that in less than a week.
                                i have one of those to that gets drove every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X