New track toy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New track toy....

So a friend of ours had this sitting in his driveway for a year untouched and asked if we wanted it cheap and the answer was, "Well Duh!"

Not sure what we are going to do with it just yet but may just throw tires and brake pads at it and drive it as is. First time I've driven an E36 with aero and holy cow does it have grip! Just needs about 200hp more and some transmission shifter bushings! We may do an LS swap as we have a spare from the wife's car but that would be a long term project given the costs. Paint is rough and I may build a cage for it, scratch and shoot it white and sell it as a GTS2 car. Many options....

do want.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

sweet, looks like fun!
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        sweet, looks like fun!
        X2

Comment

Always had a soft spot for those E36 M3's. Congrats!
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            sweet, looks like fun!
            X3
            Originally posted by quikag View Post
            Always had a soft spot for those E36 M3's. Congrats!
            I have always liked the way they look
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I think it needs a bigger rear wing.

Comment

If I can find time to put a cage in this thing before december, I might run the WRL race at TWS with the wife. Just need to make sure its reliable for now. May need to rebuild the trans as it is pretty sloppy for shifting.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                  If I can find time to put a cage in this thing before december, I might run the WRL race at TWS with the wife. Just need to make sure its reliable for now. May need to rebuild the trans as it is pretty sloppy for shifting.
                  It needs the zf shift detent fix, not a rebuild and probably the dssr bushings and bitch clip. I have a cheap source for them and I have the drift/punch set to install them if you need some help.

Sweet car, what are the mods?
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                    It needs the zf shift detent fix, not a rebuild and probably the dssr bushings and bitch clip. I have a cheap source for them and I have the drift/punch set to install them if you need some help.

Sweet car, what are the mods?
                    May hit you up for info on the shifter mods.

The 10 minute once over on the lift shows it has koni singles in the rear and something similar in the front with some spring kit. gutted interior but still has door windows and sunroof. two seriously old race seats, 4pt TC Kline bar and harnesses so old they take skin off the neck. Has a sun dried Momo steering wheel that is about 4" too far away and that is about it. Has 144k miles but all the wheel bearings are tight and so is the drive shaft and carrier. Car was maintained ok, but shows it age and hard life.

If I sold the engine and trans for a decent price, I'd do the LS swap but looking at a lot of the builds online today it's not as easy as it is made out to be. Not to mention the idea of it would be to make the car lighter but I don't want the T56 as it's so damn heavy. The shipping weight on the Jerico we just bought was 62#! I just don't think the tunnel is big enough....but maybe. Mostly, I want to drive it as it is so cheap compared to our Big cars.

Comment

Nice Find !!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        I thought about WRL, but my car doesnt look "reasonably racey"
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          I thought about WRL, but my car doesnt look "reasonably racey"
                          easy fix
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

yeah, I like track time, but I dont like pretentious jackwads. Something about someone taking a picture, and having a old jalopy in a picture of the crapcans.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              yeah, I like track time, but I dont like pretentious jackwads. Something about someone taking a picture, and having a old jalopy in a picture of the crapcans.
                              pretty sure reasonably racy means it has numbers on it, a few stickers and isn't painted like a vein ridden blue testicle. Our POS neon hits all those except the last part! It's even for sale!

I've gotten to know Joey pretty well and he hates pretentious jackwads too! He is firm on safety but reasonable when it comes time to enjoy yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X