11/1 cota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/1 cota?

Anyone doing the edge addicts cota event?
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

How much?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

545 ....I should be getting a coupon since I did the last one, maybe it'll work more than once

Comment

2 days?
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Just one. There is a ricer meet on sat. :\

Comment

So, I've been building a track car, but have never actually been on a track. Is this an event that they will teach / show you?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              So, I've been building a track car, but have never actually been on a track. Is this an event that they will teach / show you?
              just go fast and take chances
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Depends on your instructor. They are supposed to baby sit the rich folks and make sure they don't do anything stupid.

I would do an apex event at cresson to get started. They have classroom and instructors that will teach you.

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                just go fast and take chances
                Flat out! Maybe at cresson. Not at cota. Mucho expensive-o. Taking out a barrier will cost you a few grand I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                  Depends on your instructor. They are supposed to baby sit the rich folks and make sure they don't do anything stupid.

I would do an apex event at cresson to get started. They have classroom and instructors that will teach you.

Flat out! Maybe at cresson. Not at cota. Mucho expensive-o. Taking out a barrier will cost you a few grand I heard.
                  Right on. My car is near complete.

Comment

yea dont make cota your first track day.
                    you can start with either an open track day at ECR with instruction to get your feet wet for cheap then do something like drivers edge or apex at MSR.

tacoma, what car do you run? i was there last weekend. doubt i will go again so soon in november unless i can make a splitter before then.

this me:
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      yea dont make cota your first track day.
                      you can start with either an open track day at ECR with instruction to get your feet wet for cheap then do something like drivers edge or apex at MSR.

tacoma, what car do you run? i was there last weekend. doubt i will go again so soon in november unless i can make a splitter before then.

this me:
                      Maybe I can squeeze one in before the COTA event.

I'd also like to point out that I have extensive GT 1-5 experience. Both with the controller AND the wheel and pedals ( paddle shifter only )

Comment

what kind of car are you tracking? if you have a modded or recently built car you've never tracked, you should expect some hiccups and the last thing you want to do is miss out on track time due to issues as cota is some of the most expensive track time around.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          what kind of car are you tracking? if you have a modded or recently built car you've never tracked, you should expect some hiccups and the last thing you want to do is miss out on track time due to issues as cota is some of the most expensive track time around.

It's a 1991 240sx. Gutted with full suspension and a SR20DET with bolt ons and upgraded turbo. I just got it tuned, and was told it should make 360-380rwhp ( all of my research points to that number as well. It weighs right at 2200lbs with a driver. I'd love to get some track time in before going to an event like that. Just not sure where to take it.

Comment

^^^^^^
                            I wouldn't do my first track day at COTA, too expensive, esp a turbo car (will break). A good torture test is ECR, $150ish a day, MSRC is similar priced and much easier on the equipment but if you want to see if it will hold up, ECR may be better.
                            <<<<
                            My Miata at COTA, broke some shit, even after ECR torture testing.

Comment

my car is over engineered but i still have problems.

this time it was trashing a nitto nt01 in the 3rd session. unable to improve time in 3rd/4th then missed 5th session entirel. all of this due to a tire valve failure. i did make up the lost time on street tires on sunday but now i have to go back in search of lap times.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X