Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    I wouldn't do my first track day at COTA, too expensive, esp a turbo car (will break). A good torture test is ECR, $150ish a day, MSRC is similar priced and much easier on the equipment but if you want to see if it will hold up, ECR may be better.
    <<<<
    My Miata at COTA, broke some shit, even after ECR torture testing.
    Any of you planning to go to ECR or MSRC soon? Maybe I could tag along.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Any of you planning to go to ECR or MSRC soon? Maybe I could tag along.
      I will be at the NASA race at MSR Houston in 2 weeks, TWS October 17-18.
      Not sure if you want to make the drive, I could probably help you out if you come, with the NASA event you will need to start in HPDE 1 and work your way up to 4. It's $329 for the whole weekend.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

yea, i want to do each local track once more before the end of the year.

i dont know wtf ECR is doing, they have no monthly open track days listed. they cancelled many of their summer days due to construction that never took place.

msr typically you need to go with an organizer like nasa, drivers edge, apex, and now even scca's track night in america event.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I will be at the NASA race at MSR Houston in 2 weeks, TWS October 17-18.
          Not sure if you want to make the drive, I could probably help you out if you come, with the NASA event you will need to start in HPDE 1 and work your way up to 4. It's $329 for the whole weekend.
          I'd love to do something like that, but I'd like to keep it local for now. I don't have a trailer and it would be super uncomfortable to drive the car that long on public roads.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
            yea, i want to do each local track once more before the end of the year.

i dont know wtf ECR is doing, they have no monthly open track days listed. they cancelled many of their summer days due to construction that never took place.

msr typically you need to go with an organizer like nasa, drivers edge, apex, and now even scca's track night in america event.
            I'm a bit worried about ECR too.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'd love to do something like that, but I'd like to keep it local for now. I don't have a trailer and it would be super uncomfortable to drive the car that long on public roads.
              Understood, TWS is about the same as Austin if you want to check it out, should be going away soon so get down there while you can!

Comment

Right on. My car is near complete.
                pics?

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                  tacoma, what car do you run?
                  I was there too. I ran my accord and did a few laps in a Honda fit.
                  Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    pics?
                    She's ugly. But I'll take some when I pick it up tomorrow.

The fuel pump went out while I was driving.. A " good Samaritan " pulled over and in front of me with a Nissan Titan. Throws it in reverse slams into the front of my car with his tow hit ( hood and front bumper damage ) and then drops in it D and peeled out.

I want to think he had the intention of stopping and helping, and accidentally hit my car, and not that he did it on purpose.

Comment

damn, thats craizie

Comment

She's ugly. But I'll take some when I pick it up tomorrow.

The fuel pump went out while I was driving.. A " good Samaritan " pulled over and in front of me with a Nissan Titan. Throws it in reverse slams into the front of my car with his tow hit ( hood and front bumper damage ) and then drops in it D and peeled out.

I want to think he had the intention of stopping and helping, and accidentally hit my car, and not that he did it on purpose.
                        wow, epic story bro.

Mo, we need to hit the track again, what kind of times are you running in that car? Did you ever sell the Qstar thing?

Comment

wow, epic story bro
                          Did it keep you on the edge of your seat?

Comment

Did it keep you on the edge of your seat?
                            Pretty much, I was like, damn, thats fucked up!
                            I'd also like to see pics

Comment

Pretty much, I was like, damn, thats fucked up!
                              I'd also like to see pics
                              Word. I still need to put a cage in it for me to consider it finished, but at least everything else is done. I might switch out the exhaust manifold, but that will be it.

Comment

Word. I still need to put a cage in it for me to consider it finished, but at least everything else is done. I might switch out the exhaust manifold, but that will be it.
                                some of the things you will have to deal with on the track are keeping the car cool and exhaust temps, I had plenty of issues with my miata's hot side, I ended up tig welding the manifold to the turbine housing and that helped, your trans,diff, and oil temps are all also going to shoot through the roof

Comment

Working...
                                X