Holy Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Fire

Not sure if this link will work, but it has been a crazy week in SoCal. The fire got very close to our house. We're still under mandatory evacuations, but we elected to stay and try to protect our shit.

That DC10 is badass. How closes did it the fire actually get? Looks like a solid firebreak between you and that ridgeline, but still...

Comment

It got about 1/4 mile away. Yes, we're very lucky to have the park behind us instead of being right at the foothill. I was still concerned about embers and catching something in our yard on fire which could spread to the house. I'm glad we stayed home, otherwise we would have been stuck in a hotel for at least 5 days.

Comment

Wow that's fucking crazy. I'm guessing being a 1/4 mile away you can feel the heat from the fire?? Be safe man!

Comment

Yep, I could definitely feel the heat when it got down close to the ground. So grateful to the badass firefighters here. Now we're going to be dealing with ash and bad air quality for a while. Having a swimming pool is a real pain in the ass right now with all the ash.

We had such beautiful views and now it looks like shit. There haven't been any fires in this area for over 30 years. All because some fucking asshole had a dispute with his neighbors and the county and he started the fire deliberately.

Comment

Working...
          X