No announcement yet.

Picked up a 95 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Ford? How did you stumble upon this website? Or Canada for that matter. Btw, you're in good company because I have a 95 and I still don't know what's going on....
    .....bro....

Comment

I was a dealership wrench when those cars were new...it was rare that I ever saw the PCM cause a speedo issue....and if it were the PCM I'd think you would have some sort of drivability issue showing up too, and/or likely a CEL. Most common was the VSS and the wiring harness that goes through the floor into the underside of the tunnel...I recall a number of them having troubles in that harness, but since your CC works I'd say that likely isn't where your problem is. Secondarily, I put a lot of clusters in those cars...most often because of broken plastic gears that turn the mileage and trip odometers....Ford didn't service those individually at the time, but I'm sure they do now. However, I don't believe that those gears being broken would effect the speedo itself (been a while since I looked at one). You might pull the cluster and have a look there...real easy to R&R. You can rig up some jumpers from the speedo connection to your DVOM, and then drive the car or run the back tires on stands and check for voltage signal.

EDIT: I seem to recall that there is also a fuse that can kill the speedo in those cars as well....be sure to start there before you tear into everything.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Original paint?
        It's under there somewhere It was repainted a little over a year ago.

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        First Ford? How did you stumble upon this website? Or Canada for that matter. Btw, you're in good company because I have a 95 and I still don't know what's going on....
        I found references to this site in the Texas section of LS1.com back in the late 90's/early 2,000's.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Really? I thought it was stock. It's a factory Ford wing from something, has the Ford logo and part number on the underside.
          Pretty sure. The ends of the wing don't go that far forward on the Mustang stocker.

Here's a stock wing:

My first thought was that maybe it's off of a Probe?

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            I was a dealership wrench when those cars were new...it was rare that I ever saw the PCM cause a speedo issue....and if it were the PCM I'd think you would have some sort of drivability issue showing up too, and/or likely a CEL. Most common was the VSS and the wiring harness that goes through the floor into the underside of the tunnel...I recall a number of them having troubles in that harness, but since your CC works I'd say that likely isn't where your problem is. Secondarily, I put a lot of clusters in those cars...most often because of broken plastic gears that turn the mileage and trip odometers....Ford didn't service those individually at the time, but I'm sure they do now. However, I don't believe that those gears being broken would effect the speedo itself (been a while since I looked at one). You might pull the cluster and have a look there...real easy to R&R. You can rig up some jumpers from the speedo connection to your DVOM, and then drive the car or run the back tires on stands and check for voltage signal.

EDIT: I seem to recall that there is also a fuse that can kill the speedo in those cars as well....be sure to start there before you tear into everything.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Pretty sure. The ends of the wing don't go that far forward on the Mustang stocker.

How weird. Not from a Probe, the underside says "Rear Spoiler Ford Mustang". The part number is F4ZZ-6344210. It also has a center post.

Comment

Maybe the spoiler was part of a California edition or package? Normally I like them without spoilers, but I kinda dig this one.

Comment

I'm thinking it was some sort of optional spoiler for them during that era...I can't place it, but I know I've seen one like it with that center support. The standard GT spoiler was a little shorter too.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Have seen a few v6 verts with the same spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      How weird. Not from a Probe, the underside says "Rear Spoiler Ford Mustang".
                      If you guys remember what Ford had planned for the Mustang in 87, you are both right.

Comment

good looking car...I'd lower it an inch and exhaust...
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                          I'm thinking it was some sort of optional spoiler for them during that era...I can't place it, but I know I've seen one like it with that center support. The standard GT spoiler was a little shorter too.
                          I bet you're right. Maybe a dealer installed spoiler.

Comment

Not a bad looking car, nice price too.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                              good looking car...I'd lower it an inch and exhaust...
                              Thanks! I agree it would look and handle better, but I'm old and I like the ride as is. And it already has enough interior rattles

Comment

Does the car have fog lights?

Comment

Working...
                                X