No announcement yet.

National cell phone ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'll be, I've got a couple of people to add to my list of those that derp around.

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
      That has to be one of the dumbest post I have seen.

http://www.google.com/search?q=usein...w=1032&bih=576
      good GOD you are one childish little moron. You follow me around talking shit, how pathetic are you, really? I award you, with my 10 years on this board - the most butthurt board member ever.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        good GOD you are one childish little moron. You follow me around talking shit, how pathetic are you, really? I award you, with my 10 years on this board - the most butthurt board member ever.
        If you think that's funny, take a hard look at the link he posted.

http://www.google.com/search?q=useing+cell+phone+same+as+driving+drunk&r ls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft: en-us&sa=X&ei=7xPsTtm-D6a3sQKTkvjBCQ&ved=0CCUQvwUoAQ&q=using+cell+phone+ same+as+driving+drunk&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_p w.,cf.osb&fp=4143b87d8935c116&biw=1032&bih=576

Comment

• Currently, "Outside person, object, event" (commonly known as rubbernecking) is the most reported cause of distraction-related accidents, followed by "Adjusting radio/cassette/CD". "Using/dialing cell phone" is eighth.

Eighth. So instead of banning the seven more common occurrences, they want to ban cell phones.

Comment

• U.S. Transportation secretary Ray LaHood said he will not issue a nationwide ban on using cell phones and hand-free devices while driving, as proposed recently by the National Transportation Safety Board. LaHood believes that hands-free calling is not a problem in the United States, and his stance certainly supports the auto and mobile industries. Ford, for example, equips several of its car models with Ford Sync hands-free technology. A ban on hands-free devices would likely prevent the company from selling that product. Hands-free phone calls are “not the big problem in America,” LaHood argued. ”If other people want to work on hands-free, so be it.” LaHood has admitted that talking on the phone while driving is a distraction and he toyed with a nationwide ban, but never followed through with it. Individual states, however, have the power to issue statewide bans and there are currently nine states, in addition to Washington, D.C., with bans in effect. Thirty-five states currently ban texting while driving, too. The U.S. Department of Transportation is currently working on a set of safety guidelines that hands-free and in-car entertainment system manufacturers will have to follow, The Wall Street Journal said.

U.S. Transportation secretary Ray LaHood said he will not issue a nationwide ban on using cell phones and hand-free devices while driving, as proposed recently …
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              If you think that's funny, take a hard look at the link he posted.
              Stop useing his own shit against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                U.S. Transportation secretary Ray LaHood said he will not issue a nationwide ban on using cell phones and hand-free devices while driving, as proposed recently by the National Transportation Safety Board.
                We are all going to fucking die in car crashes.

Comment

• I'd add some kind of comment if this wasn't the 534,293'rd time we've had this discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
                    I'd add some kind of comment if this wasn't the 534,293'rd time we've had this discussion.
                    How about we finish this discussion then, instead?
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'd add some kind of comment if this wasn't the 534,293'rd time we've had this discussion.
                      ... as you stood up from your vanity flipping your hair...

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                        How about we finish this discussion then, instead?
                        That's ok you go ahead. I'm bored of that one already.

Comment

• Let Stanley alone!
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

yeah, I didn't expect you to man up to it.

You're a disgrace.
                            Men have become the tools of their tools.
                            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              I am absolutley for this. There was a study that showed talking on the cell phone with it up to you ear was worse then DWI on reaction times while driving. Not to mention loss of peripheral vision. I could care less if the city made a dime on this ticket as long as it cuts down the use. Oh and don't get me started on texting and driving. I see people all the time swerving all over the road or driving 15 under the speed limit to text. I would love it if they came up with a device in cars that killed cell phone signals while the car was moving, or they could just add this feature to the phones.

Remember last year or so when the lady in the Cliff drug that school kid like two blocks in a school zone with people chasing her down the street. Talking on her phone and had no clue.
                              Does your car have a radio?

Comment

You seem to get bored with a quickness once you're outed for being a dullard.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X