National cell phone ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National cell phone ban

I absolutely hate big government and any type of prohibition, but......

I'm all for this. I can't see one valid reason to be on your phone while driving. An emergency is about the only exception. I ride a motorcycle in this city daily, and I've noticed that people generally just have their head up their asses when they're behind the wheel. Making one of the many distractions illegal is a great idea, but enforcement is a big concern.

Honestly, it may be near impossible to enforce, but just knowing that you're breaking the law if you do use your cell phone behind the wheel will hopefully deter the use. I used to drive a company vehicle all day, and phone use was prohibited. Just the off chance that I was caught by a supervisor or other individual was enough to keep me off of my phone.

It would also be a huge source of revenue for struggling municipalities. It should be treated the same as a DUI. Fines and even license suspension and jail time should be the punishment, increasing as one accumulates violations.

I also think that all automakers should be required to install a device that blocks cell phone signals when the car is in motion.

I know I'm in the minority on this and I will get flamed, but I don't give a shit. People think they are the best drivers and are so responsible even on their phones. Even as I type this I'm thinking "shyea, that's gonna work". However, all I have to do is think back less than 10 days to a woman pulling into traffic in front of me, nearly killing me, with one hand on the wheel and the other on her phone. I guess until people realize that they're not perfect drivers and they could actually be jeopardizing someone else's life for their Facebook post, it will be considiered trivial.

Hang up and fucking drive people!

Discuss.

i'm pro-murder.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      i'm pro-murder.
      ok

Comment

“Unenforceable, arbitrary, over-reaching, resource-intensive regulations like this proposed one will make some people feel good about themselves. But that’s all they will accomplish.”
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Anyone else notice how they blame the kid for the crash, but that school bus ran his ass over? He may have rear-ended that truck, but that doesn't give the school bus a free shot at using his truck as a ramp!

Where does the goverment draw the line at "distractions"? No smoking, eating, drinking, radio, passengers? They are ALL distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            “Unenforceable, arbitrary, over-reaching, resource-intensive regulations like this proposed one will make some people feel good about themselves. But that’s all they will accomplish.”
            I read that. I admit it is far reaching, but to me a person driving with a cell phone to their ear is no different than a beer to their lips.

Comment

And we're done here...

/thread
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I read that. I admit it is far reaching, but to me a person driving with a cell phone to their ear is no different than a beer to their lips.
                Good luck enforcing that!
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy. Congrats. You give up more freedoms to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. That's how we got the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, etc.

I just want to know when we are going to outlaw stupidity. That's the real crime here.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    And we're done here...

/thread
                    nonono! discuss dammit lol!

You people must be uber important to be on your phone so much. I wish I was that cool.

Comment

I don't think that phone will make them blow over .08 though. I see a pretty big diffeernce there. I agree with the distraction though.

Comment

Good luck enforcing that!
                        Well, if i was the enforcement, their would be a bunch of people complaining of some crazy ass on a bike dropping pipe bombs in front of their vehicle for "no reason".

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          I don't think that phone will make them blow over .08 though. I see a pretty big diffeernce there. I agree with the distraction though.
                          Hey, you don't take your eyes off the road to sip that 40oz, so the phone is worse lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            Anyone else notice how they blame the kid for the crash, but that school bus ran his ass over? He may have rear-ended that truck, but that doesn't give the school bus a free shot at using his truck as a ramp!

Where does the goverment draw the line at "distractions"? No smoking, eating, drinking, radio, passengers? They are ALL distractions.
                            I noticed that, too. Sounds like the bus driver wasn't paying attention/driving too close that caused HIM to wreck.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

You people must be uber important to be on your phone so much. I wish I was that cool.
                              I conduct business on a cell phone, from my car 12+ hours a day. It's not that I'm important. But what I do keeps businesses up and running and generating revenue all over the state, country, etc. I'd say that's pretty important. I can't do my job from behind a desk.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X