National cell phone ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Where are all those douchebags that said it would end with a texting ban? This is EXACTLY what I said would happen.
    Some don't understand slippery slope.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
      God damm sounds like a bunch of teen age girls in here. We could be took over by the Chinese and there wouldn't be this much crying.
      No, there'd be shooting. This is important as it is yet another incremental cut of our freedom of travel and communication by a federal government which has no power to say anything
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        No, there'd be shooting. This is important as it is yet another incremental cut of our freedom of travel and communication by a federal government which has no power to say anything
        Given, but I just find it funny most in here have said not a word about every thing in past thst has been done but now there all crying like school girls. Buy a fucking blue tooth and get over it. The TSA can grope and or blast you with x rays,the power to hold some one forever with no charge and a long list of other rights took away, these tools are crying over this like its the worst thing to ever happen.
        I drive a truck in town all day and I'm sick of having to dodge and watch people drift all over the road, or driving 20 under the limit while there playing on there phone.

Comment

Given, but I just find it funny most in here have said not a word about every thing in past thst has been done but now there all crying like school girls. Buy a fucking blue tooth and get over it. The TSA can grope and or blast you with x rays,the power to hold some one forever with no charge and a long list of other rights took away, these tools are crying over this like its the worst thing to ever happen.
          I drive a truck in town all day and I'm sick of having to dodge and watch people drift all over the road, or driving 20 under the limit while there playing on there phone.

Did you read the article? The ban includes hands free devices (aka bluetooth), in case you were unaware.

And to be clear, I'm against ANY freedom being taken away, against the TSA, the Patriot Act, the new bill about detaining citizens, etc. it's all horseshit, just like this is. I was against the texting ban too, like CJ. Not because I need or even do text and drive. But because it's one more thing they take away. You start with one little thing, until you've got no freedom left. I'm sick of giving up my freedoms in the name of safety. I dont need the govt to protect me from myself.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Some don't understand slippery slope.
            Not a single one of those idiots will post in here either. Hope you enjoy it.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              It is crazy to think this is a money grab. This is one law that is all about peoples safety.
              Like red light cameras? Whoops, there went your argument.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

God damm sounds like a bunch of teen age girls in here. We could be took over by the Chinese and there wouldn't be this much crying.] all the shit they have done to us in the past few years don't mean shit tell you cant text and drive now you cry like bitch's. Buy a fucking blue tooth and get over it.
                This exact part of your quote shows me exactly what I already knew. You didn't read shit, and you're completely ignorant to what is being discussed in this thread.

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                God damm sounds like a bunch of teen age girls in here. We could be took over by the Chinese and there wouldn't be this much crying.
                You have to have a level of intelligence to know not to be ignorant. I guarantee you when you are in your twilight years you'll realize it, and it will be too late. Unfortunately you have to learn the hard way. There will be a percentage of people that just don't understand this has nothing to do with cell phones.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• NTSB doesn't have ANY authority to mandate or legislate anything about our lives. But, this will cascade as legislation ALL over the country. Basically, the government is telling you (yes you - sitting in your chair reading this post) that you are incapable of making your own decisions, and they will make them for you.

Comment

• I dont use my phone while driving so I dont give a fuck. But I spend all day dodging fuck wads like you who do.

Comment

• Damn. CJ is usually relatively quite on this front. Welcome to the party sir!

Sig just got told! Lol!
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Driving in texting is for teen aged girls. Congrats.
                        driving out texting?
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I dont use my phone while driving so I dont give a fuck. But I spend all day dodging fuck wads like you who do.
                          And yet, we already have laws in place that govern "shitty driving." Have another excuse on saying this bill is ok? Why don't we enforce the laws that are already on the books instead of making new ones that will do absolutely dick, other than provide another revenue stream for the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            While digging around a few days ago I found a link that I can no longer find surveying the accidents of a certain state, which I cannot remember. It categorized all types of different crashes. What stood out is the second highest stat showed distracted driving. The leading cause, which lead by a long shot in injuries/fatalities of drivers, passengers, pedestrians was "unknown." I'll see if I can find the link.
                            Not to mention, distracted driving isn't automatically driving while intexticated. There are myriad reason why a driver would be distracted--phone, nav, radio, passengers, rubber necking, and so on, and so on...

Comment

NTSB doesn't have ANY authority to mandate or legislate anything about our lives. But, this will cascade as legislation ALL over the country. Basically, the government is telling you (yes you - sitting in your chair reading this post) that you are incapable of making your own decisions, and they will make them for you.
                              So is this news to you? Last I knew driving was not a right.

Comment

(yes you - sitting in your chair reading this post)
                                Chair? I'm reading this from the driver's seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X