4 door 4x4 SUV suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 door 4x4 SUV suggestion.

Looking for a suggestion on a decent 4dr 4x4 SUV. Having just gotten two kayaks, I'm wanting something that'll work well offroad to get to some put in spots that are off the beaten path. Vehicle needs to be big enough to fit 2 kayaks up top. I may look at putting a small lift on said vehicle down the road, just to run 32's/33's, nothing major. Suggestions?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

XJ. I've got a ZJ in that configuration (4x4, 3.5" lift, 32's) and I wish I did it to an XJ instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
      XJ. I've got a ZJ in that configuration (4x4, 3.5" lift, 32's) and I wish I did it to an XJ instead.
      I used to have an 89XJ on the RE 5.5" lift, absolutely loved it, but I'm thinking I may want a little more space. 4 full size adults in an XJ becomes a bit of a squeeze. I've thought about a WJ since they're newer and bigger but I don't know much about them.
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
        I've been thinking about going this route. We bought a Durango while in Denver and the mileage is absolutely terrible, plus it's too heavy to really do anything well.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          I used to have an 89XJ on the RE 5.5" lift, absolutely loved it, but I'm thinking I may want a little more space. 4 full size adults in an XJ becomes a bit of a squeeze. I've thought about a WJ since they're newer and bigger but I don't know much about them.
          Hummer H1? Go big or go home.

07 ish Jeep wrangler 4 door? You can get them pretty decent now days.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

fj cruiser, land cruiser, tahoe, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                fj cruiser, land cruiser, tahoe, etc...
                How capable are the new FJ's? They just look bulky.

Comment

plenty capable i'm sure.....if you dont mind getting a few scratches!

also maybe an older sequoia, discovery. the toyotas seem pretty solid.

edit: ive only owned two xjs, and they are perfect, but youre right about the back seat....not comfortable at all

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                    plenty capable i'm sure.....if you dont mind getting a few scratches!

also maybe an older sequoia, discovery. the toyotas seem pretty solid.

edit: ive only owned two xjs, and they are perfect, but youre right about the back seat....not comfortable at all
                    I've never had anything toyota except for a camry. Any idea how the 4Runners are?

Comment

I had a 4runner and really liked it. Mine was a 3.0l so it was shit on the highway, but the 3.4, 4.0 and 4.7 are all pretty good highway runners. People are just VERY proud of their used toyotas.

Comment

Loved my 4Runner, and had 0 issues with it. It was capable in any terrain/climate I encountered. I folded the seats down and used to haul my bike in it all of the time. I had a small 2" Daystar Body lift and 32s I believe they were.

Comment

Ill probably be selling my xj soon. Lifted on 33s. Lmk if you'd be interested.

Comment

Just get a truck.. And a dinky kayak trailer if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                              Just get a truck.. And a dinky kayak trailer if you need it.
                              I agree. I traded my 4Runner in for a truck, unfortunately I had to get rid of it 6 months later since I was assigned a company truck. I didn't need 2.
                              Trucks are the best vehicle in the world. I will never own anything else. My wife can have whatever she wants, I will always drive a truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X