4 door 4x4 SUV suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
    Ill probably be selling my xj soon. Lifted on 33s. Lmk if you'd be interested.
    PM me some details.

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    Just get a truck.. And a dinky kayak trailer if you need it.
    I don't want to bother with dropping the money on a trailer along with a vehicle.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      How capable are the new FJ's? They just look bulky.
      Friend I use to work with had one. She drove that damn thing everywhere. She also did a bunch of off-road adventures all over the country. They have a pretty decent following and there is a lot of aftermarket for them.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
        Ill probably be selling my xj soon. Lifted on 33s. Lmk if you'd be interested.
        Any more details?

Comment

How capable are the new FJ's? They just look bulky.
          Very capable, and also very tough to drive off road. Visibility is piss poor from the cockpit. Toyota missed on this one IMO, golden opportunity for a Heep killer

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt View Post
            Very capable, and also very tough to drive off road. Visibility is piss poor from the cockpit. Toyota missed on this one IMO, golden opportunity for a Heep killer
            Blind spots look terrible in it just from the outside.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Good & Inexpensive, 5.0 Explorer....but I think they came awd only. No part time 4x4 or low range. Avoid the 4.6 exploders....Mod motors do not do well in the mud (Spark plug holes fill up with mud and dirt)

Solid Rear Axle Explorer with a 4.0 sohc in 4x4 trim can be a good performer. It costs 4X as much as an XJ to lift....but it also comes with better axles, engine, drivetrain, and a full frame.

If you have some cash, a late Yota 4-runner 4x4 with the 4.7 V8 is your best bet for reliability and capability. They made these from 2002-2009, with 2005+ being preferable. Again, they are expensive to lift compared to the XJ, but come with much better parts.

Comment

I just picked this up as an adventure/fishing/hunting rig.

Biggest issues they have is water leaking due to bad door/window seals, and rust in the rear 1/4s. Rust isn't much of an issue around our areas unless water sat in it or it is a coastal vehicle.

Mechanically they seem pretty solid...easy to work on, big enough but not too big, and decent aftermarket.

They can be found cheap too...especially stock. Under $1000 running isn't uncommon.

I just got mine so I'm in the honeymoon phase but I dig it so far.

Comment

4 door Tacoma?
                  Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt View Post
                    Visibility is piss poor from the cockpit.
                    As well as from the back seat, which is a bitch to get in/out of. Pass on the FJ. I love Toyota (I'm a Land Cruiser nerd) and I cant stand the FJ Cruiser.

Comment

That wagoneer is awesome!

Comment

My Dad had a 98 4Runner, sold it recently with 185k on it, ran like a clock. It had 32" pizza cutters and a 1.5" Old Man Emu lift.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnQ View Post

I just picked this up as an adventure/fishing/hunting rig.

Biggest issues they have is water leaking due to bad door/window seals, and rust in the rear 1/4s. Rust isn't much of an issue around our areas unless water sat in it or it is a coastal vehicle.

Mechanically they seem pretty solid...easy to work on, big enough but not too big, and decent aftermarket.

They can be found cheap too...especially stock. Under $1000 running isn't uncommon.

I just got mine so I'm in the honeymoon phase but I dig it so far.
                          They can get expensive fast.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've never had anything toyota except for a camry. Any idea how the 4Runners are?
                            A coworker has a 4wd (no lift), with 385,000 miles on it. He's owned it since new. Not one single bit of major maintenance.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              A coworker has a 4wd (no lift), with 385,000 miles on it. He's owned it since new. Not one single bit of major maintenance.
                              When I worked at a Toyota dealer, It was common to see a car with 200k-400k roll in with a service history of oil changes and general maintinance type work.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You won't be able to fit two kayaks on most of those vehicles without a rack. Look into Yakima. They make quality stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X