Another SN95 mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Anybody agree with me on that? That these cars need to be lowered a full 3" to look right. Granted you won't be using stock wheels when doing it.
    I totally agree. With the 17s and 255/40 rubber right now it almost looks lifted. It's hideous. I have Steeda springs, MM C/C plates, a tubular K member, rear control arms and Tokico D spec shocks to install soon. I have the Lakewoods I took off the parts car for sale. I also have a very nice exhaust system to install. I also have a built 31 spline rear. I'm swapping interior parts now since the grey in this car was pretty ratty and it was smoked in. I'm installing the nice black interior from the parts car in it's place. If it weren't going to be so damned cold I wanted to finish that this next weekend.

Then I need to sell my blue car to clear space and then register this one and do all the suspension parts. Then I will start taking it to events and seeing how it runs. Then add some power..... then attempt a 10 footer paint job.

Comment

Or will you?!?

Comment

My old sn95 was on sportlines, it handled ok but rode pretty rough on normal driving. Post some updated pics!

Comment

Parts car I got from Idaho.

I’d have loved to have gotten it running again and built it, but rust got to it. It had subframes welded in but never painted so they rusted out and hurt the chassis too. I’m not keeping a rusted chassis long term. The front end also got hit pretty hard messing up the core support and crossmember. This car came with so many cool parts I decided to do the challenge because of it.

Start of part out.

Parted out and sent to apache salvage. We removed about 2000 lbs of parts between myself, son, and a friend.

Gonna use his lift to swap rears on the white car.

But maybe it’s all fake.

Comment

Wheels and tires done at christensen bros. I spend way too much on tires. They are on the white car now. The four it came with were bald and one barely held air for a day. I will autoX and drag race these while getting ready for the event. These are 200 TW DOT legal autoX tires. I hope they hook decent too.

Have a lot to do still but its almost a legal running CAM T car. I also got a new helmet since I haven’t raced in a long time.

I have a storage unit and garage with too many parts too. I need to get it pared down to what I need for my project and sell more. I’ve also got other parts in the garage for other cars. It’s going to be a busy year.
            Last edited by AnthonyS; 01-15-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              My old sn95 was on sportlines, it handled ok but rode pretty rough on normal driving. Post some updated pics!
              Anybody ever done bags on an SN95? Lower it, then bag it so it still rides ok. Need to figure out if this is any kind of a plan for my 94 GT.
              WH

Comment

Replaced both busted side mirrors tonight and pulled out more of the dirty interior. Should have the potentially fictional interior replaced this weekend.

Comment

Anybody ever done bags on an SN95? Lower it, then bag it so it still rides ok. Need to figure out if this is any kind of a plan for my 94 GT.
                  Yea there are a number of bagged sn95’s out there. There actually pretty easy to bag.
                  Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Got the old smelly interior out and am putting in the clean stuff, or perhaps it’s all fiction. Between both cars I found over $7 in change too which goes back into the budget.

Comment

Good example of interior before:

As it sits now.

Need to change cluster, tombstone stereo, install console.... at least it’ll be decent for a 2k SN interior. It smells better.

Comment

Nice. Had those same seats in my old car until I switched them for Corbeaus, the side bolster is surprisingly decent.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Nice. Had those same seats in my old car until I switched them for Corbeaus, the side bolster is surprisingly decent.
                          I like them for a stock seat. Next year I’d like to get some used s550 recaros to replace them. I’m hoping these are decent enough to be okay for autocrossing. I replaced the instrument cluster tonight and have an airbag light blinking now (old one had no bulb), and low coolant level. I will swap the airbags and steering wheel this week too.

Comment

More POS parts I acquired for this build.

Or maybe that’s not mine and that’s a fictional truck too.

Comment

If you were anywhere near cleburne I'd say come by and use my extractor. Got one of the professional ones and it was worth the money. It would have the seats and carpet looking, and smelling a lot better.
                              WH

Comment

If you were anywhere near cleburne I'd say come by and use my extractor. Got one of the professional ones and it was worth the money. It would have the seats and carpet looking, and smelling a lot better.
                                The car can easily make the trip this spring. I do like a clean car.

Comment

Working...
                                X