No announcement yet.

Christians, I have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... I've been around churches and I've only witnessed very little, if any, pressure to give. Giving doesn't necessarily mean giving to the church. I give more to other causes, some not even Christian-based, that better those less fortunate than me. Sometimes it is 10%, sometimes more, sometimes less. I give what I feel needs to be given and how I think God would expect me to give. I also research where I'm about to give to. Part of giving is giving responsibly or it is just worthless. I don't give for brownie points. I give to reflect God's Love and my love for others.

Using it as a means of keeping score is stupid and institutions that rely on others giving is even more ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      True. The only difference is that one side is trying to figure out what actually happened for themselves and will correct themselves if something they said is proven wrong, and another side made up a story and stuck with it regardless of lack of evidence to support the theory.
      My problem is that there is just waaay beyond too much speculation going on from atheists that claim "they believe in science". Well, no, given their stance actually they don't. If science proves there is a god, or if evidence ever points towards it, then they'll still be atheists. Not agnostics. Atheists have decided that there is no god. They believe, that there is no god. This is a belief, just like religion is a belief. In the end they're not all that different. They may have opposing viewpoints but they go about it in the exact same way. This is what is lost on atheists. Atheists believe something. Now if you offered an agnostic evidence that pointed towards a god, or proof, he'd say "Hmm well ok I guess I believe it now that you've proved it."

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      What happens if nobody gives though? ...and be honest. The church closes or at least goes to shit. I grew up going to a baptist church so I know it's not required in a Baptist church, but I also know that it's pressured upon it's members by other members and the general feeling of guilt that one gets when they pass by any charity and don't donate.
      This is one of the problems I have with churches. I don't really like giving to churches. At all really. Cause I don't know how it will be spent. I prefer to give to reputable charities and people that are genuinely in need. (not bums) rather than pay for the preacher's mercedes. I might give 10 bucks to a church. Just to help keep the lights on.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        We would kill them, take their shit and enslave the rest?
        Like!

Comment

Working...
        X