Question about Jesus Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
    My oldest bro has a masters in theology, but can't seem to explain it to me in a satisfactory manner either. So, I watch and read about it to satisfy my own curiosity. You'd probably be better off doing that too instead of relying on this bunch to teach you! lol
    No one should be "relying on this bunch" lol to teach them anything, that's what reading the Bible for yourself, emphasis on "for yourself", accomplishes.

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    "Christmas" was a Pagan holiday that the Christians hijacked and "made" it Jesus' birthday so the Pagans would have no choice but to inadvertantly celebrate something in regards to Jesus. Just another way Christians pushed their beliefs upon those who didn't care. And FWIW, I have also heard that Jesus was, in fact, born sometime in the spring. If that is correct...it's no wonder Jesus hasn't come back...we can't even get his fucking birthday right!
    Once you used the term, "I have heard...." you just discounted everything you posted here lol. Anytime someone uses that term it's a red flag showing they haven't a clue of what they're talking about. Try understanding instead that Jesus was conceived, rather than born, in the spring.

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
    I always kinda chuckle on the inside when somebody tells me they have or they're working on a degree in theology. It's like having a degree in fiction novels.
    Actually a degree in theology is more akin to a degree in history.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      No one should be "relying on this bunch" lol to teach them anything, that's what reading the Bible for yourself, emphasis on "for yourself", accomplishes.

Once you used the term, "I have heard...." you just discounted everything you posted here lol. Anytime someone uses that term it's a red flag showing they haven't a clue of what they're talking about. Try understanding instead that Jesus was conceived, rather than born, in the spring.

History is generally true. Theology, not so much.

Comment

You heard that Jesus is the son of god/god made man, and you post about it all the time. Does that discredit everything you've ever posted? Having a Theology degree is actually more like having a degree in Mother Goose.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

off topic but, I speak to people at work that tell me Jesus is going to save their house from foreclosure. lol.
          Ded

Comment

Ahh, Jesus. I like him very much. But he no help me hit curveball.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

You heard that Jesus is the son of god/god made man, and you post about it all the time. Does that discredit everything you've ever posted? Having a Theology degree is actually more like having a degree in Mother Goose.
              Incorrect. I learned that Jesus is the Son of God. To expand on my earlier statement, not only is having a theology degree akin to having a history degree, it is also akin to having a law degree and philosophy degree. No wonder you can't come up with anything better than Mother Goose: the concept of three (or more) distinct disciplines rolled into one may have left you so completely befuddled and awestruck you had nowhere else to turn other than the simplicity of your childhood.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              History is generally true. Theology, not so much.
              Prove history, as you perceive it, to be any more true than theology then.
              Last edited by The King; 12-29-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                off topic but, I speak to people at work that tell me Jesus is going to save their house from foreclosure. lol.
                Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                Ahh, Jesus. I like him very much. But he no help me hit curveball.
                It's the famous Christian excuse of "free will."

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                  you sure they didn't say messiah?

Comment

Incorrect. I learned that Jesus is the Son of God. To expand on my earlier statement, not only is having a theology degree akin to having a history degree, it is also akin to having a law degree and philosophy degree. No wonder you can't come up with anything better than Mother Goose: the concept of three (or more) distinct disciplines rolled into one may have left you so completely befuddled and awestruck you had nowhere else to turn other than the simplicity of your childhood.

Prove history, as you perceive it, to be any more true than theology then.
                    Except history books change as new evidence is discovered, and religious documents change(what theologist base their work on) change as a church sees fit. It's no wonder, the less people want to know, the more likely they turn to religion so they can, at least in their heads, leave it up to some higher power and basically go with the flow. For example, the people that claim Jesus will save their houses from foreclosure, and then when it's foreclosed upon, they say tell themselves it's part of Gods plan. Religion is just the ultimate way of not taking responsibility for your own actions. The fact that you're trying to relate religion to law is hilarious. I can give you that a theology degree is close to a philosophy degree. Both based on things that might or might not be true. Law is law though. It's a little more black and white than they maybe's that religion and philosophy.

Comment

Actually Christianity demands that one take responsibility for their own actions.

Regarding the relationship of theology, as I put it, or religion, as you misstated it, to law, you've never actually read or understood the Old Testament have you?

Comment

you sure they didn't say messiah?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post

Comment

Actually Christianity demands that one take responsibility for their own actions.

Regarding the relationship of theology, as I put it, or religion, as you misstated it, to law, you've never actually read or understood the Old Testament have you?
                            I've actually read a lot of the old testament. Christianity is based on the son of God dying for all of mans sins and as long as you accept that Jesus is the savior of man, and only through him, can one get to heaven. You sin, you ask for forgiveness, and as long as you truly mean it, you're forgiven. It also teaches that God has a plan for all of man. Gives us free will, yet knows what's going to happen.

Comment

I've actually read a lot of the old testament.
                              So you know then that the Old Testament detailed, among other things, the First Covenant and the Keeping of God's Laws. Why then do you dispute that theology is indeed concerned with law?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                It's the famous Christian excuse of "free will."
                                No, it's a famous line from a famous movie.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X