No announcement yet.

Gigabit speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also did this test on both computers and watched the transfer rate.

Office pc: 400kbs - 8MB transfer speed
    Nuc: 55-60 MB/s

The Netflix 500+ and Speedtest. net show 800+
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

If netflix and speedtest are showing 800+, you're fine. You are capable of getting the advertised speeds, not all sites can support that level connection.

Are you worried about performance on something in particular?

Comment

Why is the transfer speed slow on one pc but 10x as fast on another hooked to the same cat5? When I download something it takes a lot longer than it should. I pay for gigabit and I want to see those speeds on downloads. Is it a pc setting? Win 7 setting?
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

It's a PC setting

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Why is the transfer speed slow on one pc but 10x as fast on another hooked to the same cat5? When I download something it takes a lot longer than it should. I pay for gigabit and I want to see those speeds on downloads. Is it a pc setting? Win 7 setting?
              Your posts are kind of confusing.

Do both machines get 800+ speeds on netflix and speedtest?
              Have you tried a different cat 5E cable?

Comment

On netflix and speedtest they both get the rated speed. When I down load or upload the office pc is a lot slower than the NUC. The ISp said it was a pc issue and they only had 1 computer that would actually get the gigabit rated download speed and that was the one he brought to test with. My question is what is different if they are all gigabit network adapters and gigabit lan?
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Broadcom Desktop Driver 14.8.0.5 is what I have. It says it is up to date even though it is from 2011
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

If you're getting 800+ speeds on both machines, you're getting the advertised speeds.

Are you talking about internal file transfers between the machines?
                    Can you link a download you're trying?

If its a speed test type download, those are more than likely going to be super inaccurate. Need something real to test with.

These are probably a better test for you than those random sites.

Comment

I used that link and tested on the office pc. I will have to rehook up the NUC and test with it. The 1GB file transferred at 1400-1900kb/s and took 11min 42 sec.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

On that link with the NUC is is going really slow right now too. I will have to try it at the router or the cat5 that comes of the ONT in a little while.
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I just upgraded my Frontier FiOS to 150/150. I'm pleased with the result thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            I just upgraded my Frontier FiOS to 150/150. I'm pleased with the result thus far.

Looks slow

Comment

Wow i just did a speed test for shits and giggles on my home connection, it looks like they've upgraded even more, I used to get ~280.

Comment

Working...
                              X