I must suck at computering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must suck at computering

I killed ANOTHER laptop. This thing sits on my desk and never moves unless I travel. So yesterday I powered it down and loaded it in my backpack (has a computer protecting sleeve). I went to the terminal to fly out but the flight was delayed. So we went back to the office and I set the laptop down and went to turn it on. NOTHING! Plugged into the charger there are no lights coming on. Press the power button and nothing happens.

I have been all over the web. Press power button 30 times at 1 second intervals then hold for 30 seconds and try to restart. Done this with battery in and charger cable in, with no battery or charge cable and with no battery WITH charge cable. Nothing

I am in Niamey, Niger and the only way to get this fixed is to fly BACK to Dubai to our IT guys. Not what I wanted to do this week.

Lennovo 440 Thinkpad that replaced my Dell I killed back in June/July.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Are you certain you powered it down and didn't just put it in standby?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      I've done this several times on my Dell laptop at work.

Though, pulling the battery and unplugging should have restarted the unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Not 100% that it went all the down. I mean I didn't watch it. I closed all programs and initiated it to shut down. I walked away and a few minutes later came back and the screen was black like it was all off so I closed it up and left.

If it went into standby, I still can't get it to do a damn thing. I have even tried the little reset hole in the back with a paperclip, nothing.

Comment

Have you tried this? That model has an internal and external battery... http://computer-help-please.blogspot...-power-on.html

Comment

Have you tried this? That model has an internal and external battery... http://computer-help-please.blogspot...-power-on.html
            I just found that same link. If I can find a screwdriver here small enough I will give it a go.

Comment

Ahhh I remember that trick. Won't that reset the bios?

Comment

No.

Comment

To add to this.

jack4rall
                  Hello,

Try this 1

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Remove the RAM from the slot

--> Hold the power button for 60 seconds --> Place the RAM back into the slot

--> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later put the

battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck

View all 25 comments
                  Stacy- Jan 26, 2013 06:58PM
                  Fabulous. I thought the computer was a goner, but this worked, even without removing the RAM.
                  Thank you.
                  Mazdak- Feb 5, 2013 07:43PM
                  Worked like a charm. Thanks man.
                  LH- Feb 6, 2013 06:34PM
                  Omg!! Thank you so much.
                  Eric- Feb 12, 2013 09:39AM
                  Incredible, it works.

Thanks...
                  grateful- Feb 21, 2013 10:04AM
                  You are a life saver, worked perfectly!

Best answer: Hello, Unplug the power cord Remove the battery Remove the RAM from the slot Hold the power button for 60 seconds Place the RAM back into the slot Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later put the...

Comment

Fixed. Had to find a screwdriver set in town. I ended up removing the internal battery and resetting through the power switch like the link says. Plugged the charger cable only in and she fired right up. The company IT may not have approved of my opening up this asset but I figure I saved them $5,000-$6,000 in travel expenses to and from Dubai plus hotels and my pay plus perdiem.

Back to work I go

Comment

Working...
                    X